• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Cost price Type R GT

Just had an email from my local Honda dealer offering me any Honda model for cost price plus £99 till 28th March.

Obviously I would be stung for PX and finance, but does anyone know what the cost price is on a Type R GT?

Cheers

Its a marketing ploy to get you to the dealer and some models are excluded (usually the Type R :lol:) and are not true cost prices

Carl

Heres the email I got.

Two Mills Honda are offering a brand new 08 reg Honda for just COST PRICE PLUS £99*
Offer must end 28th March 2008
Act now - only 37 cars left!!!!!
blank.gif

A new Honda for only £99 more than the cost price? Where’s the catch?
If you are considering a change of car and can commit to an order and registration prior to 28th March 2008, we are prepared to offer you a new Honda car (any model, colour or specification subject to availability) at the incredible price of “cost to us from Honda UK plus just £99”.

There isn’t one. This is simply a once-in-a-lifetime offer. And for your reassurance, we are happy to provide the factory consignment invoice before you make a decision. As everyone is aware, there has been a very slow economy in January and February and this has affected new car sales. Despite this, we have made good progress in getting our sales back on track in March and now have just 37 cars to sell in the last week to make our targets. Don't miss out. We are prepared to make one final "push” in order to catch up and meet our 1st Quarter targets which are always the most important in the motor industry.

Don’t miss out – register HERE today!

The motor trade isn't that slow. We've obliterated our targets for quarter 1. Must just be quiet where they are. :confused:

The key sentence in that offer though is subject to availability. If they can't get it registered and on the road by March 31st you won't get it and dealers aren't exactly stockpiled with FN2's.

Lead time on Type R at moment is 04/04/08 ( I ordered one for customer yesturday) so you can just about get it registered for march.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lead time on Type R at more is 04/04/08 ( I ordered one for customer yesturday) so you can just about get it registered for march.

Thats a pretty good lead time. Bet we don't see the 6 month waiting times like the EP3 though. I got lucky with mine - got it just before the mad rush, took 2 weeks. :D

Back