• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cost to repair or is it a write off?

They can usually decide if its a write off in a few days or sooner. See the courtesy car mate tell them it has to be similar car to yours as they will try hit you with some 1 litre banger lol as your ment to get one same class as yours. Thats if your fussy like me.

Once they decide if its a write off a offer is made pretty quick then when you agree its a couple of weeks till cheque comes.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks everyone who's replied.

Waiting to hear back from a garage or whoever it is they say is going to phone me.

I thought they would of come out and looked at the car first, before saying they would have to take it away, but oh we'll - ill wait and see what happens.

By the way, if they give me a courtesy car, would this effect the claim in any way? I mean would they add the cost of this to the cars repair costs - which would then increase the chances of it being a write off?

(not sure if what I've written makes any sense, but it does to me) :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Should I tell them I want one then?
They just phoned and said they're taking the car to a repairers tomorrow, and the courtesy car would be a Ford KA or a Fiesta

Yes will need one because I'm moving address next week. Going to ring them now and see if I can get a like for like car

Unlucky mate. Did you get any photo's of the oil on the motorway? Your insurance company should be chasing up the highways agency to see if there was an accident there earlier. If there was a load of oil on the motorway you wouldn't be the only one to have spun I'd have thought.

No in all honesty, I didn't even think of that. I was trying to get my front bumper off the motorway and move my car out of the way. I did tell the Police about it, but they didn't seem that interested.

I've just spoke to the accident repair people and they said they can only give me a Grade A courtesy car, which will be a Firsta or Ka, I can't get a like for like apparently.

In which case, yes, definitely take one. A like for like car in your situation would have likely guaranteed write off though - they won't want to be funding a special order for a week or two while yours is being fixed.

Well the Type R has been taken away by the recovery people now, and I've got a Fiesta.
The front left wheel was very wobbly and seemed to want to do its own thing (even though the impact was on the right). Also when I went through the gear selectors (5th seemed quite different and I'm not even sure if I could get it into 5th anyway). Hope it's repairable, as it's the best car ive had, and I don't want another one.

The police won't want to know as the accident is classed as damage only and this comes under the remit of the Highways Agency.
What you want to is get your insurance company to call the Highways Agency Information Line who then get in touch with the relevant business support team who will look into it.

Did traffic officers stop with you?

One thing to be wary of is that if you've hit the barrier and the details logged then the Highways Agency could put in a claim on your insurance to repair the damage and that can be expensive.

Nope, no Traffic Police were there, no witnesses either. The traffic was none existent.
I did phone the Polcie and tell them, but they didn't seem interested really.

The insurance company sent a recovery truck out yesterday to pick up the Type R, and said they will let me know whats happening later this week or earlier next.

Hopefully its repairable.

The police wouldn't want to know as there's no crime committed or injuries etc.

Ed means these guys:

aduhery4.jpg

Not the traffic police.

The way its supposed to work is you ring the police, they then ring the Highways Agency as damage only RTCs come under our jurisdiction.

Insurance recovery people just got back in touch, they say it's a total loss.
The bloke I spoke to said he assessed the car, but he said it'd be a great car to buy back and have repaired myself as they're prices are bumped up.
So just hoping the insurance company will be able to sort something out?

:(

Silver lining I suppose is you can buy it back and get it repaired at a place you trust.

It'll always have that cat marker on it though, so will be worth less when you sell it on.

Back