• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cost to repair or is it a write off?

I think it's worth it, you've kept your car which was a low miler and pretty good nick and you've saved an EP3 from either the scrap yard or a cheapo botch repair.

Yep, it had done hardly any miles (under 47,000 if I remember correctly).
And to be honest, the damage is mostly worse than it looks.

The mechanic has replaced quite a few parts on the drivers side now, just to be sure, we got them cheap enough so thought it may as well be done, as we do know the wheel on that side took a smack and didn't look straight at all.

Anyhow, we replaced the sub frame, suspension arm, and that's all being fitted today / tonight.
The wing, front and rear light etc is being done by weekend hopefully, ready for it to be sprayed next week if things go according to plan.

ju9esyzu.jpg

ve2eryme.jpg

2avygy4y.jpg

They've promised me it'll be as good as new afterwards, so will see how it pans out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well as it happens, the mechanics side of things is all done and the car is currently in the body shop for its spray painting and removing the rear panel dent.

It's taken a long time as its being worked on in the mechanics spare time at Renault Manchester, but it has been almost five months without the car, and is seriously doing my head in now. I think I should of just bought another one, but oh well I'll see what this is like when I get it back.

It's really similar rear quarter damage that I had on mine, although my bumpers weren't as bad. 5 months is a seriously long time for that thoug dude, I had mine back in less than 3 weeks!

It's really similar rear quarter damage that I had on mine, although my bumpers weren't as bad. 5 months is a seriously long time for that thoug dude, I had mine back in less than 3 weeks!

Did they do a good job when you had your rear quarter panel repaired? Could you tell afterwards?
Yep, definately a long time, - the mechanic and the body work guy have been doing it in there spare time inbetween jobs that they have had to do at work. Basically they've been using there works facilities (Renault Manchester) to work on my car, but cannot do much when they have a lot of work on.
I'm hoping they have it all sorted very soon, as I honestly miss driving the CTR

You can tell with a keen eye yea, bodywork wise mine is fine but in the right (wrong more like :lol: ) light you can see a slight difference in the colour.

Fingers crossed mine won't be a complete mess, he is spraying the full side apparently.

Finally it's looking like its getting somewhere: -

qy7u5yja.jpg

y3a8aju4.jpg

zary6ygu.jpg

ty8e9y5e.jpg

eqy5abub.jpg

ehesujyj.jpg

ruga9ysy.jpg

Looking forward to driving it again (fingers crossed its all alright) :)

Sent from my eyePhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick update, a few more pics to add after this. :)

5a4amy5e.jpg

zu7a3y3y.jpg

aqyzapas.jpg

ygu2e9as.jpg

Sent from my eyePhone using my phone

Just trying to source a grille now. Had no luck so far though, so if anyone is selling one or knows where I can get one, it'd be much appreciated.

quruvy4e.jpg

2uhadetu.jpg

That's some amazing progress for 6 months....

:lol: tell me about it. Goes to show what happens when you let mates take on a job in there spare time. Six months work which I'm guessing could of been done in a week or two?

Bodywork all done now.

Just waiting for a geometry check a d that's it (I think / hope).

It's tool long enough, - this is what happens when you get friends to do a job in there spare time I suppose.

a6erabad.jpg

ete7eryp.jpg

Back