• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Couple of Q's about my CTR 30th AE

Hi Guys,

Well I've owned my civic for 3 weeks now and I have to say I love it :)

However there are a couple of questions I have:

• Whirry / Whine noise coming from the clutch / gearbox - I've been told that this is more than likely the Clutch release bearing / thrust bearing (if I slightly rev the engine I can hear a whine / squeaky / whirry noise - however if I dip the clutch there is no noise!?)
  • Being Milano Red the colour of the paintwork is different to that of the bumpers (what's the best method to fix this?)
  • Front Passenger Airbag making a rattle?
Sorry for all the Q's!

I do have an extended Honda Warranty so perhaps I might have to use this!?

Thanks in advance :)

the colour issue is a b!tch.

Give it a good clean & polish and see what it looks like then.

• Being Milano Red the colour of the paintwork is different to that of the bumpers (what's the best method to fix this?)
Same with most cars, especially reds and whites. It's because the bumpers are painted separate to the car. It's normal.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I gave the car a good clean and polish and I could still tell the difference :(

I'm going to phone a local guy who works on the cars at the honda forecourt - he said he'd have a look at it for me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[/LIST]Same with most cars, especially reds and whites. It's because the bumpers are painted separate to the car. It's normal.

Yeah its just one of those things everything else is on the body is painted at the same time the doors even come off and are kept in sequence and put back on the car later down the line after the windows and trim have been fitted. but the bumpers as neily said are painted seperate and put on near the end of the line

[/LIST]
Same with most cars, especially reds and whites. It's because the bumpers are painted separate to the car. It's normal.

Would the fact that the bumpers are plastic and the shell is metal make any difference to the way the paint reacts as well? I know that the bodywork is coated with primer first, but does this make any difference?

Red is the worst (or most noticeable at least) colour for fading.

Would the fact that the bumpers are plastic and the shell is metal make any difference to the way the paint reacts as well? I know that the bodywork is coated with primer first, but does this make any difference?

Red is the worst (or most noticeable at least) colour for fading.

Yes, it does apparently.

Back