• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Crumb's NHB EP3

I received my Spoon ETD from James at Touge last week and so fitted it over the weekend.
Before I fitted it, I decided to repaint the brackets on my J's strut brace as it was long overdue and I needed to remove it anyway to fit the ETD.
I had some black Hammerite smooth, so decided to use that.

Here are the results:

Fitted ETD
ETD1.jpg

LH Bracket
ETD2.jpg

RH Bracket
ETD3.jpg

Massive thanks to James for the brilliant competition and great prizes. :cool:

(I've also edited this threads first post and listed all the mods so far)

Crumble me old mate, take a shot of teh J's fitted with the whole bay so that I can see what a black tipped brace in a black bay looks like.

**I'M NOT RACIST BTW**

So are you joining TRO's Evo Massive, non Ralliart need not apply?

I really dont know yet.

Its nice having the spare cash at the end of the month TBH.

I will get another performance car though.

Thanks very much. I have toyed with the idea of a GM but will have to wait a bit longer for sufficient pennies to be available.

Right now I'm just going to focus on how best to live with the ETD. Reversing the the cylinder for ease of adjustment and rubber washers FTW.

Cool man, blends in nice.

Just get the battery tie done black too and you're on to a good theme IMO.

Good Job on the ETD Crumb (Congrats once again :cool:).

How are you finding it (Any noticable benefits)? I read somewhere that it helps with wheel hop (which has got me interested, as my EP3 experiences it often), the trade off is that the vibration's can be transferred to the cabin as a result, apparently?

Read that mounts and an ETD sort the hop out no end - would be keen to hear, your experiences. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much, it very rattly so far mate so I am looking at getting some rubber washers to try and minimise this.

Also I'll be trying lots of different setting on the ETD to try and find the perfect comprimise.
I don't think you can eliminate all of the vibrations because of what the ETD does, but I'll update this thread as and when I find anything out.

As mentioned earlier, I'm going to swap the ETD round so I can adjust it a lot easier too.

Thanks very much, it very rattly so far mate so I am looking at getting some rubber washers to try and minimise this.

Also I'll be trying lots of different setting on the ETD to try and find the perfect comprimise.
I don't think you can eliminate all of the vibrations because of what the ETD does, but I'll update this thread as and when I find anything out.

As mentioned earlier, I'm going to swap the ETD round so I can adjust it a lot easier too.

I look forward to reading your views down the line mate, as it sounds like a bit of kit that's taking my fancy - keen to get as much first hand info on them as poss.

Thanks

The benefits are very apparent mate, power delivery is a lot smoother but I've yet to try and invoke any 'hopping'.

I'm a bit put off by the noise, at the moment it sounds like my old bicycle when you jammed a straw through the brake caliper! :lol:

The benefits are very apparent mate, power delivery is a lot smoother but I've yet to try and invoke any 'hopping'.

I'm a bit put off by the noise, at the moment it sounds like my old bicycle when you jammed a straw through the brake caliper! :lol:

:lol:

I know the kind :lol:

I was lucky, it come up for sale on here and I happened to be in the right place at the right time. I think it was £20.

Back