• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CT Super charge Kit ....CPL Racing

Hi Guys,

I'm looking a getting the CT Super charger standard kit from CPL Racing.

I was also looking at fitting myself, I've come across some good fitting info via 8thcivic.com .... Comptech Supercharger DIY fitting.

I was wondering if anyone on here has got or fitted this kit..... If so your thoughts on it :)

Any info would be much appreciated

When i was looking at charging I had decided on the CT, i decided against spending any more money on the ep3 in the end.

It is essentially the same charger unit as the jackson racing.

Yeah been looking at the Jackson racing, but the better option is the Comptech Charger (CT engineering)
It using the same supercharger unit but the nose bracket that has the output shaft is extended giving better support than on the Jackson unit which is prone to snapping.
The tensioner is a far better design on the CT using a twin roller system. CT have redesigned the axel supports to offer more support.
The CT kit is a direct fitment. No cutting or modifying of other parts unlike the Jackson that requires you to trim the thermostat housing and bend an aircon pipe. The CT kit does come with a spacer for the aircon line to extend it which is a nice addition but it does mean you need to break the pipes so a re-gas is required.
The CT kit runs at 10PSI as well wheras the Jackson runs at 9PSI with similar mods.
The actual chargers are the same design made by Magnusson and have proven very reliable but its the little extra bits that make the difference but its is a good proven system.

It also comes with a pretty cool carbon cover:

2011-08-14120640.jpg

For more general info search on here for jackson racing or jrsc and you will find plenty of threads of people running that set up

Last edited by a moderator:
When i was looking at charging I had decided on the CT, i decided against spending any more money on the ep3 in the end.

It is essentially the same charger unit as the jackson racing.

For more general info search on here for jackson racing or jrsc and you will find plenty of threads of people running that set up

Perfect thanks for the info, I'll have a search :)

I fitted my own jrsc wasn't too bad to be fair abit of modifying brackets etc but nothing too major

What's the mpg going to be like after it's fitted though, I appreciate that we didn't buy these cars for economy but I can live with average 25mpg with a mix of driving but if it was in the teens then I couldn't justify it

Q: How will my fuel mileage be affected with the addition of a Jackson Racing supercharger system?
A: Actually, we usually see highway mileage maintained with our systems. Fuel economy is largely based on your closed loop fuel control, which is based on rpm and load. It doesn’t matter if you have stock 185cc injectors or 800cc injectors, your highway fuel economy is based on your closed loop fuel control, injector efficiency, and your volumetric efficiency (VE). Our supercharger systems use a bypass valve, which allows the engine to run without seeing any boost until you have a high load condition (i.e. deep in the throttle). So highway cruise conditions keep the engine in closed loop control. Once you hit the throttle and your engine sees boost, the car goes into open loop. If you want to make a pass in a stock naturally aspirated car, you must drop a gear or two. This gets the car up in the rev range, but these higher revs use fuel and you are at 100% throttle position using the maximum amount of fuel. Once you make the pass, you will notice you were at full throttle, high rpm, for a long period of time. Now, if you have increased your engines power by 40+%, (improved VE) you will be able to stay in high gear, and pass by going only part throttle at a much lower rpm, and do it at a quicker rate. Once you are back to cruise speed the bypass valve re-opens, and you are at the stock vehicle’s cruise efficiency. If you are driving “spirited”, your outcome will be different. Most drivers will see a small drop in city, mainly due to having more fun with the supercharger installed. It is harder to avoid having fun than you think.

Sounds good in theory but I feel most manufacturers/suppliers will say this because they want to sell the kit and aren't going to speak negatively of it. I'm sure on paper it won't affect the consumption but in the real world I'm not too confident. Honda claim my ep3 is good for 40.4mpg extra urban lol...try early 30's

I think it's fair to say both are to blame, car manufacturers get their figures from a lab not in the real world...but saying all this I'm still really interested in supercharging

Just a quick update, I have ib the last two days fitted my CT Supercharger........ALL GOOD , I do have one question for anyone who has fitted. It says in the instruction the fuel pressure regulator need crushing ...showing the fuel tank under the back seats ...(which in a FN2 it isn't ) These instructions are for the USA Market,

Does this need doing on the FN2 ?????

I have heard of it before but it's an odd solution I thought.

Sorry for the slow reply, I'll get some pics for you :) . I've also been talking too Vit ....vitviper.com don't know if anyone else has come across him. He does a lot of e.tuning.

Back