• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR 30AE Stolen

Neily03 said:
smokedog said:
I was hoping that too. It wasn't to be. They have found the car in Moss Side and it hit two parked cars.

Thats just f*cked me up even more :(

:cry: :cry: Really sorry to here that! :cry: :cry:

Likewise mate, very very sorry to hear that :(

ARRRRGH so angry for you mate, I remember seeing your car at the Snipe meet in Ashton - not sure if you remember we both nipped to McD's to get a drink!

This is just the reason that I flogged the CTR - didn't feel my wife was safe driving round Manchester in it, plus if I was away from home working and someone broke into our house for the keys I don't think she would get over that :x

WTF is it with Manchester.......and they wonder why the rest of the UK hate the fookin Mancs. :x

Gutted for you mate........ :cry:

garypaul said:
I remember seeing your car at the Snipe meet in Ashton - not sure if you remember we both nipped to McD's to get a drink!
Yeah I remember, never forget a McDs :D

But yes it’s been a bit of an ordeal, not sure what I’m going to do. Don’t really want to keep the car. Maybe a nice oil burner is the answer.

smokedog said:
Maybe a nice oil burner is the answer.

New 170bhp TDI engine in Golfs/ A3s - should be fairly rapid, or 120d BMW are a sweet drive (as long as you don't mind the looks).

It's a sad state of affairs where you need to think about the car you drive because of the area you live in.

Proper sucks dude :x

MilanoChris said:
It's a sad state of affairs where you need to think about the car you drive because of the area you live in.

Proper sucks dude :x

Yep.

Gutted to hear about your CTR mate, :twisted: :x hope you get a result :)

Bastards.

Why the hell did they steal it if they just dumped it a few miles away after wrecklessly crashing it? !! :roll:

:x

how did they manage to crease the bonnet like that??

whatever you do, hope you get sorted real soon.

garypaul said:
ARRRRGH so angry for you mate, I remember seeing your car at the Snipe meet in Ashton - not sure if you remember we both nipped to McD's to get a drink!

This is just the reason that I flogged the CTR - didn't feel my wife was safe driving round Manchester in it, plus if I was away from home working and someone broke into our house for the keys I don't think she would get over that :x

Ditto... i remember seeing yours at McD's smokedog... As it happened, i had to get rid of mine to pay for a house but i think i'm glad to get shut after some of the horror stories around Manc these days... :?

GaryMan said:
The whole engine has shifted and the front of the chassis is bent. You can't really see it in the pictures.

smokedog said:
GaryMan said:
The whole engine has shifted and the front of the chassis is bent. You can't really see it in the pictures.

well, hopefully it would be a write off in that case as i would expect it to be quite expensive to fix all that ?

fingers crossed for you mate :cry:

if it is a write off, i'm sure people would want some bits off the car ? :wink: :oops: :roll:

smokedog said:
GaryMan said:

Ahhh all of a sudden it's sounding like a lot more money to repair.

Wankers :x

If that was mine, I'd hope it was written off. Wouldn't want a Cat D car that had been stolen and then crashed and repaired :(

Good luck mate

Words kind of fail me when this sort of thing happens. Its just very, very harsh. :(

Really feel for you matie - good luck with insurance claim :wink:

Back