• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR ep3 brake set up

Just a question about brakes for my 04 type r,

The discs and pads will need replacing soon,standard brakes fitted at the moment.Only bought the car a couple of months ago and was wondering what is the best set to go for with a budget of £350? front and rear.

For most people standard disc with ferrodo ds2500 pads work a treat. The pads make a huge difference over standard, they aren't the cheapest about £120 for the fronts.
I run standard discs all round with the ds2500's at the front and standard pads at the rear. More than enough stopping power for what I need.

As above OEM discs, Ferodo DS2500 and if you still have any left over Braided hoses.

And if you spend over £100 the delivery is free - It's about a tenner otherwise. Worth getting something cheap to take it over the threshold

for £400 you could buy :-

oem discs with ferodo ds2500 pads(front)
mintex discs and pads(rear)
braided brake lines and 3L of Motul RBF600 brake fluid

this setup is more than good enough for fast road use.

for £400 you could buy :-

oem discs with ferodo ds2500 pads(front)
mintex discs and pads(rear)
braided brake lines and 3L of Motul RBF600 brake fluid

this setup is more than good enough for fast road use.

Looking for some good braided brake lines any recommendations?

I find these work quite well ;)

a8217980.jpg

HEL lines are decent. I have a set fitted with Castrol RBF fluid, Stoptech Sportstop front discs and DS2500 pads all round.

In all honesty, standard Honda OEM discs are just as good.

I think I have a set of goodridges downstairs in my cellar thats never been fitted. PM me if your interested and i'll have a look.

Im getting the project Mu teflon lines, bit on the expensive side (about £180ish) supposed to be excellent though

Back