• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR stalling

Car has stalled twice in last few days and tonight very nearly, I am having to give car throttle and nurse it back to life. Then everything seems fine, any idea's. Does it sound like idle control valve, will this make car hard to restart after the stall?

my car had this problem a while ago, but it was because of the battery. i got a new one and it was sorted, no problems after that. check that maybe.

Does sound like the ICV to me. Do the revs drop if you put the clutch down coming to a stop?

I mean does it drop to the point of cutting out / actually cutting out.

Another test if the ICV is quite bad, is to rev it from standstill to the redline, and if it stalls when the revs drop, it's quite a pointer.

I mean does it drop to the point of cutting out / actually cutting out.

Another test if the ICV is quite bad, is to rev it from standstill to the redline, and if it stalls when the revs drop, it's quite a pointer.

Yeah car actually stalled. Has not happened since ***

This is happening to me, I am waiting for an earthing kit from ebay which I thought would help. Leezer, let me know what the problem is if you find out. I don't fancy pulling the ICV part off if I can help it!

Mine was doing this too, replaced the battery because it was shagged anyway and the problem went away

The ICV can get a little sticky and cause this problem. You can remove the ICV and clean it/grease it up again so it doesn't stick. I haven't done this myself though, so I cannot offer pearls of wisdom as to how to.

Back