• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR to DC2

Anybody here changed from CTR to DC2. I really want a DC2 now but I keep thinking im a t wat for selling a 04 car for a 98 model?

need some advice.. am I crazy?

Nick and Gun79 has.
I've also driven some DC2 a couple of times too. I can say for sure it's a far better driver's car. Much better feedback, greater suspension and lighter chassis.
It's a completely different car.

its the car I want. However the misses aint happy :roll: might have to comprimise and get a DC5.... :roll:

garypaul said:
Harvey said:
its the car I want. However the misses aint happy :roll: might have to comprimise and get a DC5.... :roll:

That's a rather nice compromise :lol:

Yeah but I want old skool VTEC Yo! :lol:

I really do want a JDM DC2 fr the looks and more importantly the performance... but I dont know if I can go from a 2004 car to a 1998 car... its a hard choice

Harvey said:
garypaul said:
Harvey said:

I really do want a JDM DC2 fr the looks and more importantly the performance... but I dont know if I can go from a 2004 car to a 1998 car... its a hard choice

Have you driven both ?

garypaul said:
Harvey said:
garypaul said:
Harvey said:

Have you driven both ?

Driven a uk DC2 and its an awsome car. Been in a DC5 but never driven

my mate owns a dc5, hes owned a dc2 before, but he prefers luxury. i prefer driving...

I guess either way you will end up with a cracking car, probably a hell of a lot easier to find a mint DC5 though

garypaul said:
I guess either way you will end up with a cracking car, probably a hell of a lot easier to find a mint DC5 though

yeah theres a nice one in the for sale section right now...

i driven a few dc'2 this past few weeks and i love them such a better car!

they even keep up with a tuned ep3!

Its all in the mind Harv. After selling on my 05 for a 99 ATR, I keep thinking the poor things gonna go pop :lol: :lol:

I can confirm that Old Skool VTEC is indeed much better than all this i-VTEC stuff (*ducks and runs for cover!!) and I'm looking forward to my first outing on a track somewhere :)

Oh and the method to get oer the feeling of impending doom every time I use a lot of right foot - fitted my ICE yesterday and now I can't heard the H22A& under the bonnet ;)

Can't believe some of you think that a car made in 1998-99 makes it old school?! Just get over it, the dc2 may look dated but they were put together way better than the ep3s were.

Forget ep3 and dc5 (not driven a dc5, but I've heard they're bland and dull in comparison to better b-series Hondas)... go for a dc2, you will NOT look back, I promise.

Just don't be one of those "oh I have to get a dc5 now that I've had an ep3 because it's a NATURAL PROGRESSION LOL" types :(

Had a blast in my friend's CR-X SIR import yesterday, it's a 1989 car with B16A and some good mods and LSD... so much fun you can't imagine

HorrificVTEC said:
but I've heard they're bland and dull in comparison to better b-series Hondas)
B-series VTEC adds excitement due to lower torque lo-cam and aggressive VTEC crossover.
Whatever you fancy but K20 engine is more advanced, lighter and powerfull.

My perfect FWD car would be a DC2 with a K20 swap.

Trung said:
HorrificVTEC said:
but I've heard they're bland and dull in comparison to better b-series Hondas)
B-series VTEC adds excitement due to lower torque lo-cam and aggressive VTEC crossover.
Whatever you fancy but K20 engine is more advanced, lighter and powerfull.

My perfect FWD car would be a DC2 with a K20 swap.

That would be a beasty and it's so light you wouldn't miss the low down torque - has anyone done that conversion as I think the money involved would be better spent on tuning the B18?

I am happy with my change from a CTR to a DC2. It saved me money, and I reckon in 6 months time my 2000 (W) DC2 will be worth more than my old 53 CTR the way prices are plummeting!

The roads where I live are pretty much all B and A roads, narrow and twisty. For me, the DC2 suits this better than the CTR did. However, if I lived in an area where I regularly used a dual carriageway/motorway etc... then I think I would miss my CTR a lot more!

I was worried about changing a 53 reg car for an older car, which is partly why I searched long and hard for a late model DC2 with low mileage. In the end I bought mine with 47K miles, registered July 2000. But TBH, as long as you buy sensibly, with a good history, and older UK car shouldnt be a problem (cant comment on imports).

Also I bought mine through a Honda dealer, which meant I paid a bit more, but I was also able to wangle a great deal on a 15 month Honda warranty, just for peace of mind :wink:

Back