• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR to S2000

How much have people payed insurance wise going from an CTR to a S2000? Did just try signing up to the 2k forum but it's MASSIVE and didn't know where to start. :shock: :oops: Going to contact my insurance company tomorrow...........

dotty said:
S2000 is a gp 20 motor mate - Have you tried a quote online?

yeah, i have been looking in there for the details but haven't a clue where to start. Best to just waltz through a little without posting and then work things out from there.

grp 20! i thought it was 19. Imports are grp 20 too :(

bloody cars, fooking expensive hobby or what!

dappastyle said:
grp 20! i thought it was 19. Imports are grp 20 too :(

bloody cars, fooking expensive hobby or what!

Yes mate they are Group 20 :shock:

Car Manufacturer Honda
Car Model S2000

Body Type Two-Seater Roadster
Colour Imola Orange - Pearlescent

Performance [ Manufacturers Figures ]

0 - 62 mph 6.2 Seconds
Top Speed 150 mph

Transmission 6-Speed Manual

Fuel Type Unleaded Petrol - 98 Recommended (95 acceptable)

Economy [ Manufacturers Figures ]

Urban 20.6 mpg
Extra Urban 35.3 mpg
Combined 28.5 mpg

Insurance Group 20
Euro NCAP Rating 4

Warranty 3-year/90,000 mile (whichever comes first) mechanical warranty

Price £26,605 OTR
Car as tested £27,355 including Imola Orange pearlescent paint £750

Hopefully won't be too much more than as my current insurance company have listed my CTR as a group 20 car :( i'll post the different when i know.

Cheers WRumbled for the link. :wink:

Going to be £400 a year more. Better than i thought. They said once i'm 25 it will get abit more normal. Grrr

N8 ORTS said:
Going to be £400 a year more. Better than i thought. They said once i'm 25 it will get abit more normal. Grrr
More than what? How much do you currently pay for the Civic?

N8 ORTS said:
£400 more than a pay now.
:roll:
If you currently pay £400, then another £400 is a lot of money. If you currently pay £4,000 then another £400 isn't so much...

How much more is it, percentage wise?

WRumbled said:
N8 ORTS said:
If you currently pay £400, then another £400 is a lot of money. If you currently pay £4,000 then another £400 isn't so much...

Why roll your eyes because i don't want to discuss how much i pay for my insurance? That was never up for discussion, the question was is there much of a difference going from a CTR to a S2000. As i've found out today the answer is not really. £400 compared to what i'm paying won't change things that much. Thanks for all your concern though.

N8 ORTS said:
WRumbled said:
N8 ORTS said:

Why roll your eyes because i don't want to discuss how much i pay for my insurance? That was never up for discussion, the question was is there much of a difference going from a CTR to a S2000. As i've found out today the answer is not really. £400 compared to what i'm paying won't change things that much. Thanks for all your concern though.

No need to get the Arse mate people are here to help.

N8 ORTS said:
WRumbled said:
N8 ORTS said:

You asked the question "Is there much of a difference?". You're given an answer. You then tell us how much the difference is for yourself without disclosing how much of a difference it is in relevant terms.

If you really didn't want to say how much you pay for insurance then all you had to say was 'it's going to be an extra xx% per year'. You didn't have to mention the monetary value at all.

Not very helpful to anyone else reading the thread is it?

I'll not bother next time, and I wish I hadn't bothered this time.

WRumbled said:
I used to pay £630 for my CTR and it went up to £750 when I bought the S. So, roughly an extra 20%.

And the best place to look for advice on the S2000 forum is the UK section (Tech FAQ near the top).

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=25

Yep make sure you scroll down the the UK Owners section or just go direct with www.s2ki.co.uk :wink:

My insurance with the ATR was £324 and that went to £521 on changing to the S2000 :) FC Protected NCB :twisted:

And be careful......... The change from FWD to RWD is one that takes a while to get completely used to :eek: :wink: :twisted:

Back