• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR with a sunroof :shock:

Plus thats more like a letter box than a sunroof!! Its tiny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats quite unique.

Don't flame the guy just coz he's got a sunroof.

He probably doesn't push the car to its limits on a race track so wouldn't give two poos about extra weight (1kg) or body strength.

I'm sure a woman would like a sunroof :lol:

Looks nice IMO - as said previously why slate the guy? 'cause he is on another forum maybe?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

As for weight, oh come on, FFS try loosing a stone or 2 in the gym if you are that obsessed.

As for strength, I'm not sure. If I were buying, I would definitely have a word with Honda and take it for a few spins first..Its not like you are loosing the whole of the roof. I would have thought the strength is supplied by the bars on the side and maybe its got one going across (I dont know fook all about the build!)

Superfli said:
Looks nice IMO - as said previously why slate the guy? 'cause he is on another forum maybe?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

No, mate... I just think some people here are simply more Type-R purists than others to be honest. :smt023

SharkyUK said:
Superfli said:

No, mate... I just think some people here are simply more Type-R purists than others to be honest. :smt023

That is correct.

Ask yourself why it wasn't an option for the CTR :wink:

I wouldnt have said the CTR was a "Type-R purist" car. Whereas a ITR DC2 is. If it was a simple addon I'm sure that Honda would have added the sunroof as an option. Probably wasnt the demand for one in the initial plans for the CTR.
Rear headrests, parking sensors, A/C arent exactly for purists hey :p

Superfli said:
I wouldnt have said the CTR was a "Type-R purist" car. Whereas a ITR DC2 is. If it was a simple addon I'm sure that Honda would have added the sunroof as an option. Probably wasnt the demand for one in the initial plans for the CTR.

Told me, eh? Teach me to try and put forward a comment alluding to the Type-R mentality... :lol: :smt023 Not that I had parking sensors or A/C on mine anyway - see? I'm hardcore! :lol: But, yeah - point taken.

Superfli said:

The DC2 has AirCon :wink:

MilanoChris said:
Superfli said:

Does it?? :?

Neily03 said:
MilanoChris said:
Superfli said:

Yeah it was an option, although most have it. Likewise the EK9 has it too, again it appears most people ticked that option box.

I have no aircon, no rear head rests and no parking sensors on my CTR. :lol: Sometimes A/C would be nice, but for 95% of the time I can easily live without it.

Adding weight on roof dramatically increases bodyroll and reduces cornering speed.
Some people buy the car to pose around and commute in so they wouldn't give a fook.

Neily03 said:
MilanoChris said:
Superfli said:

It does indeed, and fog lights as an option, ooooo the luxury! Although mine might aswell no have it as it needs regassing so doesn't have any effect at all!

Trung said:
Adding weight on roof dramatically increases bodyroll and reduces cornering speed.
Some people buy the car to pose around and commute in so they wouldn't give a fook.

90% of CTR users wouldn't notice the different to be honest, that's why I was wondering why everybody was getting so rattled by it.

Hardly anybody who owns one actually uses it to the point where they would notice the chance in chassis rigity, although it seems many think they do.

Back