• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CunniBlingus' shiny new R....

Ok so it's been a while since I've posted a large thread on here or driven any sort of R, around 3 years to be exact! After moving house and changing jobs I needed a cheaper and more practical car, so I sold the type R and bought a Audi A4 diesel to help with the move and lugging stuff about!

Here's a picture of my old CTR - I miss this dearly!

ec16a108c86e8292d607c22adfad603d.jpg

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=45222 excuse the broken picture links...

The Audi A4 wagon...

ebffacc00c616c83d793d123b161dd9f.jpg

So since settling down and having finally finished refurbishing the house, I decided to get back into the hot hatch scene and place an order for a different type of R having had enough of Honda dragging out he release of the new CTR...

T minus 12 days till collection and I'm counting down like a little kid at Christmas!! The number plate is quite something too....F@*kinGGO!

58d1cae09a91aa7ff8082fe5e7d4c564.jpg

Specs are as follows...

5 door
DSG
Metallic paint - Lapiz blue
19" Pretoria alloys
Winter pack - heated seats/washer jets
Keyless entry with stop/start button
DCC - Adaptive classic control
6.5" Sat nav
Reverse camera

Other standard options are auto dimming rear view mirror, auto folding heated mirrors, auto lights, DRL's, auto wipers, front and rear parking sensors and ACC - active cruise control which is absolutely FANTASTIC! So it's quite loaded up for my liking and I'm a sucker for gadgets!!

After taking a dealership car for a test drive last August I was sold! The acceleration is crazy and the grip is something else! Yes they may be known as a bit boring car with no driver involvement, though I couldn't care less! I'm in love!

Plans for the future are VWR lower springs (25mm drop), wheel spacers, DTUK tuning box (should see about 365PS and 455Nm) and some sort of air induction, probably the APR setup.

I shall be posting up photos upon collection and a full car clean down/detail, as I've spaffed a chunk on car cleaning gear over the last year, including some tasty Gyeon products!

So here's to restarting my hot hatch days again in avert different R!

Nice choice.

One of the mates who I car share with has the same car.
It has the exact same spec, minu the Adaptaive suspension and keyless entry.

The acceleration is brutal.

Nice choice.

One of the mates who I car share with has the same car.
It has the exact same spec, minu the Adaptaive suspension and keyless entry.

The acceleration is brutal.

It's quite scary how quickly you can acceleration when your foot is planted and you don't look at the needle!

Very nice!
I know of a guy who's got one of these stage 1 tuned, 0-60 is said to be in the low 4's now. Has an air intake too which he says has made it 'hiss and spit'. Sounds unreal, enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
My mate's is coming in 3 weeks, in the same colour :lol:

Although not sure if I prefer the previous shape.

I shall take a few photos today and post up, as its getting a wash before the ultimate dubs show tomorrow.

Only 4 more likes and I'll be top! Keep them coming guys!

Back