• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Curt's Nighthawk Black EP3 Project

UPDATE
Induction kit has been fitted, sounds like a right beast now. My SPAX coilovers arrived aswell! Was proper chuffed they came so fast, so had them fitted in work straigt away. Only to find that they put the wrong top mounts on the box! So only the rears are on atm. Will get a video of the noise from the induction tonight :)

funny that just going throught your thread, i had a corsa which i love very much and have now got a CTR, however my corsa is now going to be my track day car and my CTR is my daily ha ha nice cars *** both of them,

Hi Curt :) (you better know who i am!)
I finally took the plunge and got myself one of these as well.
If your looking for tracking/ camber/ fast road set up i have only heard good things about ABP near Crewe! Not that far and its where I'm taking mine :)
Get some pictures up of the coilovers fitted!

Hi Curt :) (you better know who i am!)
I finally took the plunge and got myself one of these as well.
If your looking for tracking/ camber/ fast road set up i have only heard good things about ABP near Crewe! Not that far and its where I'm taking mine :)
Get some pictures up of the coilovers fitted!

Haha yea i know who you are mate!
Ah is that it in the picture? looks well.
Spax fronts are on now, and only lowered it to close the arch gap, but looks and feels really low! standing next to it it seems tiny now compared to before, even *** its only gone down 40-50mm

The cars tracked up fine now so must have been a fault in the strut somewhere. Still need to get so pics and videos up but struggling to find the time at the minute!

Haha yea i know who you are mate!
Ah is that it in the picture? looks well.
Spax fronts are on now, and only lowered it to close the arch gap, but looks and feels really low! standing next to it it seems tiny now compared to before, even *** its only gone down 40-50mm

The cars tracked up fine now so must have been a fault in the strut somewhere. Still need to get so pics and videos up but struggling to find the time at the minute!

Yeah, I've just put up a thread to get me started :)
I dont fancy going too low on mine 30mm Eibach springs is where I'm heading!
Fair enough, good to see you got tracking sorted! How do you rate the AEM? I fancy one myself!

Yeah, I've just put up a thread to get me started :)
I dont fancy going too low on mine 30mm Eibach springs is where I'm heading!
Fair enough, good to see you got tracking sorted! How do you rate the AEM? I fancy one myself!

Think that will defo be enough! i am very surprised at how low mine looks now.
It's awsome mate, the transition into vtec now is so clear now. and hear it so easily, but i like the noise that much im hitting vtec alot so burning the fuel!

But i'd defo get the CAI over a v2 or k&n typphoon cus it gets cold air! If you dont mind a bit of space in your engine bay.

IMG_2054.jpg

Quick picture i got this morning of the car with its new lows. Could probably do with going down another 5mm in the front maybe but that's me just being picky
Ill get lots more photos this weekend when i get a chance. Pointless doing it in the week because its always dark when i get home!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures of updates

Had a bit of unexpected spare time this afternoon so decided to get some pictures of the recent updates.

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

PIAA Flatblades
IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

Heck Wind deflectors
IMG_2072.jpg

A must it all cars, a jelly belly air freshener!
IMG_2078.jpg

Tried to get a picture of the coilovers and failed, but look how desperately it needs new brakes!
IMG_2077.jpg

Decided to replace all the front bulbs aswell, the HIDs i had were 4 years old and were pretty knackered, so scrapped them and installed some mtec main and dipped and some led side lights. Managed to fit them all by only opening the bonnet, although my arm is very scratched after dealing with the sidelights!
IMG_2065.jpg

Also does any know how to get that crap off the headlights? really bugging me makes the lights look really old and worn. Not sure if its on the inside or the outside though :/

IMG_2064.jpg

Next payday, first thing on the agenda will be new brakes, in desperate need! I liked having awesome brakes on my corsa, so for this im getting Tarox F2000 front discs with ferodo ds2500 pads and was going to get that set up all round but would be very expensive! So probably going to get oem replacement discs for the back and red stuff pads.

Not sure if im too keen on the heko wind deflectors, not sure if they suit ep3's too well and at higher speeds they make alot of wind noise. Would love jdm ones, but no chance im paying that price for a bit of plastic!

And may get another set of hids in the future but in no rush.

Going to have a go at taking the rear light out to see if i can get the brake light out on the weekend, will also get 1 or 2 videos up :)

Looks really good in those pics :D

Those discs remind me of what the rears were like on my car when i bought it!! I've just got Honda rear discs and pads, Brembo front pads and unknown drilled and grooved front discs which came with the car but wern't fitted at the time

Nice looking EP bud! That's a pretty big drop you've gone for there, time to start planning new routes to avoid speed bumps....

Autosol/polish should work on the headlights. It takes alot of rubbing, but they do clean up well, it made a big difference to mine.

If you want a cheap/quick fix on your headlights there's a video on YouTube of how to do them with toothpaste! Tried it myself and they came up like new,obviously the proper stuff would be abit better though lol

Looks really good in those pics :D

Those discs remind me of what the rears were like on my car when i bought it!! I've just got Honda rear discs and pads, Brembo front pads and unknown drilled and grooved front discs which came with the car but wern't fitted at the time

Get paid next week. Can't wait to get the new ones on.

Back