• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Custom air intake box- Thoughts??

Hey guys whats your thought on my custom intake box I put together?

Its a smoothed box with a pod filter attached, took it for a little test run seemed to run pretty smooth.

7l6b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I tried making wheels to save money.
Didnt go well, the wood set fire on heavy braking. Also heard Inovit stole my design. Not happy

So you've taken a cheap ebay filter, that's same shape as stock filter, and put it in a stock box. Why not jut buy the K+N or Piper-X drop in replacement stock filter? They're probably cheaper than that ebay tat too.

Theres no heat getting sucked into a stock airbox. This is just wasted time and effort to achieve nothing. The stock filter is a pod filter. All that has been done here is the op has fitted a cheap ebay filter into the airbox. Those cheap ebay filters offer poor filtration and don't always gain power. Would have been cheaper and easier to by the k+n oem replacement filter and do the hondata mod.

hahah **** don't get angry boys just trying something out.... :p

and im pretty sure the stock air filter is not a pod filter.... its a panel filter

It was a $75 aus dollar filter for local car shops and I do have a replacement k&n filter, just want some induction noise without buying an expensive CAI

I wont ask next time.. And thanks Ryan Milne appreciate it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Whois Angry, mods on the EP3 are tried and tested. Just don't understand why you'd want to lose power.

hahah **** don't get angry boys just trying something out.... :p

and im pretty sure the stock air filter is not a pod filter.... its a panel filter

It was a $75 aus dollar filter for local car shops and I do have a replacement k&n filter, just want some induction noise without buying an expensive CAI

I wont ask next time.. And thanks Ryan Milne appreciate it :D

You are in Auz? Where abouts?

Actual EP3 or a sport?

Ohh just some of the comments man, probs not needed..... ( and yer loxy its an FN2 )

I just thought that maybe because the stock filter is a panel filter, a pod should suck air much better especially with a smoothed air box.

BUT It gave a me a flat spot at low rpm, which might of corrected if I left it in longer??????? but not worth it I think. If I dident lose power and gained induction noise id be happy, did not cost much in the end of the day. Was not looking for power gains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back