• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Custom prototype induction kit! R-spec **UPDATE**page 1

Results are what matters :)

I know it looks pretty childish. I'll repaint the thing in matte some day. Will look better then

Hats off to you sir, always great to see other people's DIY efforts. I used to make a lot of my own stuff as well GRP, CF etc but stopped it all in the end as the styrene was doing my head in. That stuff is nasty work!

I personally wouldn't bother doing the throttle body myself as you won't get much benefit out of it plus as someone said earlier, you don't want a loose screw rattling around in your engine!

But keep us posted on the work, good read! :)

I'd take them results from the scantool with a pinch of salt (bag/lorry load of salt tbh).

For an ACCURATE comparison, you need to fit the OEM intake, dyno it 5 times or so, then change to the homebrew, dyno another 5 times. On the same day, at the same time, same same same.

Being a second faster to 100 from an induction kit is LOL worthy. There are so many variables it's unreal.

I'd take them results from the scantool with a pinch of salt (bag/lorry load of salt tbh).

For an ACCURATE comparison, you need to fit the OEM intake, dyno it 5 times or so, then change to the homebrew, dyno another 5 times. On the same day, at the same time, same same same.

Being a second faster to 100 from an induction kit is LOL worthy. There are so many variables it's unreal.

Can't say I agree, all I did was put it in third, let the tool measure time and speed, put the 2 tables next to each other...
Basically I chrono'd how long it takes to get there, and I assure you, the tool is more accurate than watching the speedo and pressing buttons on the stopwatch.
Now I can agree circumstances were very different, I should put the OEM back in and run more tests...

As for the dyno, you're 100% right on that,
but I don't have a dyno in my garage, neither am I going to pay 100£ to find out how many BHP I have gained/lost using that airbox.
Point is:
Since that power-dip at vtec changeover is nearly gone, hits 100alot faster, that's for sure.
Also this is for sure, it pulls harder and I don't need a dyno or scantool to feel that.
It's best gains are between 5000 and 7000

I understand you're sceptical, so am I myself.
In July, the car gets mapped (hopefully), if it makes 240BHP or over, I'd say it's a succes, if it makes less and the guys mapping see it's a bottleneck, then I'll throw it away, simple as that! :)

Back