• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CW UKDM DC2 - First Type-R

Afternoon all,

I posted a new user thread a few months ago in the hope to soon purchase an EP3 or a DC2. Yesterday, me and my old man travelled just over 300 miles to look at two DC2's, fortunately one of them was very much worth the trip.

+
-83k miles
-Full honda service history and book stamped at the relevant service intervals
-Completely stock, nothing aftermarket that i can spot or have been told of
-No smoke on VTEC
-All gears engage smoothly with no crunching
-Interior is faultless apart from driver's seat bolster needing a bit of attention
-Fresh service & Timing belt just done
-New discs and pads

-
-Rear right arch is showing quite bad signs of rust :cry:
-Spoiler has marks on top
-Splitter/lip is a bit scuffed
-Needs two new front tyres

I'm a bit peeved at the arch needing work, but the history and condition of the car apart from what I've mentioned, stacked up the odds against the rust. I'm gonna look to get it sorted in the near future for sure though. Other than that i'm just very pleased i've managed to get one with a good history and in relatively good condition for a near enough 15 year old car. The other one we looked at had no history for the past 6 years, front bumper had a shoddy respray and wasn't alligned back up against the side arch properly, so that was a walk away job, especailly considering it was advertised for the same price as this one.

Anyway enough babbling, here she is

When we picked her up
11VbGYll.jpg

mCYtBuRl.jpg

After a clean this morning (in the rain)
tfl4237l.jpg

nJ9arZfl.jpg

Then in the garage :D
qAPY611l.jpg

qClkpxSl.jpg

Recaro by Tom Gooderham Photography, on Flickr
Integra by Tom Gooderham Photography, on Flickr

Here be the rust :(
rAJ4iWYl.jpg

bpgCrm3l.jpg

Haven't been able to get many good pictures yet, but i'm sure i'll post them up when i do
Comments are welcome!

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. :smt023

You'll be hard pushed to find one without rust issues now. Just make sure you check the inner rear wings too as they have a habit of rusting there too.

Lovely dc2 you got there. My mate had one for 5 years and it never let him down once. They handle like there on rails.
nice:)

Yeah that's why I'm annoyed about the arch being quite far gone, the money we knocked off the price of the car should cover most of the arch work. I hope..

Thanks Ricki! I've got a honda motorbike so i'm used to a well built engine and good reliability, just hope i have the same experience with one on 4 wheels!

I honestly can't remember what I paid, but I think body shops were quoting around £500 a side.

Just because you can't see anything on the surface, doesn't mean it hasn't started underneath. The problem is that you have to rip the whole interior out covering the back of the car in order to have a decent look.

Good luck with it!

Thanks!

I do get you, I'm not imaging all other arches and sills are perfect just from the fact none is showing through, i'm just focussing on getting this one sorted first and see what stage the others are at.

It's an aspect of owning a DC2 i was well aware of, taking that ballache into account i still feel i made the right decision in choosing one O:)

After a few weeks of ownership and tidying her up a little with fresh plates, new front tyres, Type R stickers and a few other touches, thought i'd upload a few decent photos. Buying a few products over the next few weekends so i'm ready for sorting out the rear arches and sealing her up. Will post pics of how i get on when its done and i get the time to O:)

IMG_0203 by Tom Gooderham Photography, on Flickr

IMG_01612 by Tom Gooderham Photography, on Flickr

aJPwBO3l.jpg

B18c inside by Tom Gooderham Photography, on Flickr

Really clean looking car mate. looks like you've got a good one there. I always wanted a teg type r but couldn't find a good one in my price range back in the day and also insurance was ridiculous on it so i ended up getting a R32 gtst Skyline which believe it or not was cheaper to insure. Still have a real soft spot for them though.
What plans have you got in mind for it?

Thanks dude, yeah insurance was a bit of a sting but i'm glad i chose the Teg nonetheless! Wouldn't mind an R32 though!

Plans are;
Tegiwa Whale member intake with a cold air feed and heatshield
Spoon N1 axleback
2.5" Header, maybe 98 spec or Tegiwa toda rep
Rear strut brace
Rebush some/most of the suspension parts but that'll take a while as won't be doing it all at the same time
6000K HID's & LED sidelights to match

And many more little bits! Think my aim is to just get it tighter than it is now and improve the feel/sound of the drive. Not that it's lacking in that now, sounds and feels awesome, just thinking with a bit of work it'll be even better! BRING THE NOISE :D

Cool cars. I was never much of a fan of the UKDM front end though. Are they easy enough to source and swap for the JDM?

Not looked into it too much, but I think you have to cut at the frame a bit to get the JDM front end on. Need a new bonnet too so it's not just a simple front end swap, I do like the UKDM front though. I think there's quite a few JDM's around and not so many UKDM's as a lot of people do swaps

Nice dc2 makes me miss mine,my jap one was rust free but my last uk one had similar spots to yours,painter charged me £350 and he done the inner rear arches with red oxide to help stop further rust

Nice dc2 makes me miss mine,my jap one was rust free but my last uk one had similar spots to yours,painter charged me £350 and he done the inner rear arches with red oxide to help stop further rust

That doesn't sound too bad! Bought a load of waxoyl and other necessities for the job at hand today. One of these weekends when it's a bit drier i'm gonna have a go, sealed the slit which allows water to get in the sills earlier with some black silicone sealant too. Hopefully that'll stop any more water getting in from now

Back