• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Danger's new whip - Venom

Have you tried some Dr.Leather to remove the shine from the seat Danger?

Or a mild solution of all purpose cleaner and then a wipe over with Dr.Leather
I've got LTT Auto Ultra Protect on mine at moment and they are as matt as when they left the factory.

Black MINI is wearing a coat of Polish Angel Black Wulfenite, which is a black coloured wax enriched spray sealant.
Looks good over Amigo, and protects and beads water relentlessly.

If you have EGP and 476s I would go with the 476s for winter.

Looking forward to more pics as you get bits done :)

I actually used a weak mix of APC when I first got it, just to clean the interior up. But I've not cleaned it any more since, although I've only had it just over a week :lol: I do have some Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner to use though when I get on a proper session. Can't beat matte leather.

I'll look into that Angel black when all my other stuff runs out lol.

Cheers for the recommendation, I tend to use both but for time I'll just stick with the 476s :smt023

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of that yellow piping dang. I know you're going for a 'batman theme'... I just think they look sh1t & don't suit the car.

IMO :)

... but don't take my advice on cars, I drive a hyundai accent :lol:

Don't worry dude, I'm not sold on them either :lol: I think the original understated mats look better. The Audi has red dials/display too so when looking at the whole thing they don't fit in at all.

Change dials to black and yellow. You know you want to.

:lol: I've seen the work involved in doing that. No chance!

Plus these can easily be taken out, imagine if I done the dial and they looked as bad as the mats lol.

I'll look into that Angel black when all my other stuff runs out lol.

Cheers for the recommendation, I tend to use both but for time I'll just stick with the 476s :smt023

I know what you mean - my products tend to last years before I get through them.
I've got some Raceglaze '55' wax which was £70 and I've had it about 5 years and its still half full and good.

You're getting closer and closer to sounding like the guys on DW who collect waxes :lol: but yeah I've bought so much stuff through the years I've got loads of products left. My favourite is Aqua Wax though, doesn't give a very long lasting protection on it's own but it smells amazing and leaves a good shine after maintenance washes.

You're getting closer and closer to sounding like the guys on DW who collect waxes :lol: but yeah I've bought so much stuff through the years I've got loads of products left. My favourite is Aqua Wax though, doesn't give a very long lasting protection on it's own but it smells amazing and leaves a good shine after maintenance washes.

;)

I'm on there more than here at the moment. :lol:
Only splashed out daft money on that as I had a £2k summer bonus at the time lol :twisted: (them were the days :()

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer - Eurocarparts, £7 - job done :cool:
Probably like you, I see no need to spend fanatical amounts on stuff that only lasts as long as the tried and tested stuff from some of the long standing manufacturers in the market.
I still have AG shampoo.
With the polish angel stuff its making washing and keeping the black car clean an absolute pleasure

;)

I'm on there more than here at the moment. :lol:
Only splashed out daft money on that as I had a £2k summer bonus at the time lol :twisted: (them were the days :()

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer - Eurocarparts, £7 - job done :cool:
Probably like you, I see no need to spend fanatical amounts on stuff that only lasts as long as the tried and tested stuff from some of the long standing manufacturers in the market.
I still have AG shampoo.
With the polish angel stuff its making washing and keeping the black car clean an absolute pleasure

I'm on both, mainly because if things get quiet and I'm bored I know there will be new threads to browse all the time, granted of a dirty car and then a clean car but there's some interesting stuff every now and then.
I'm placing an order with ECP soon oddly, will look it up as I know a tradesman who gets a bloody good discount. I've heard someone got a Milltek cat back with ceramic tailpipes for £200 cheapeer than RRP.

I can't say that I'm overly impressed with Black Hole, might be because the car needs a hit with a DA. But at least the AG polish and claying have made it easier to clean.

Update time!

As you may know, this car has been well used and pretty much without regard to bodywork. One massive thing that was bothering me is the rear diffuser and the sideskirt not sitting right, this happened due to him forgetting to put on his handbrake and it caught a small bollard and a high-ish curb. Fortunately the car was moving really slow when it happened.

So jacked the car up and took the wheel off so I can remove the inner arch lining (it will all be getting cleaned under there eventually)
21713777204_ab1c8219f2_c.jpg

So the first offending part
22148503600_0885dafff2_c.jpg

With a bit of moving about this is the best I can do. I'm hoping with a bit of heat I can gently make it go back to where it should be
22148798498_0a5dedbf7b_c.jpg

This there's the side skirt :( I may get this repaired as a new skirt is rediculous money
22347153271_b1fba2366d_c.jpg

And this is how it was sitting by the drivers door
22310489586_2991c25a29_c.jpg

With it jacked up I was able to reset everything back to where it should be. Unfortunately there's a tiny bit of plastic that has snapped behind which could probably be repaired with some plastic welding.
21715446133_03b35cd566_c.jpg

And then because I washed it in the dark yesterday and missed loads of bits I decided to give it another wash and an Aqua Wax
22148495460_c6e30238ec_c.jpg

Looks good with a nice clean! Not sure how I feel about the silver wing mirrors though. Wheels look in good nic?

Looks good with a nice clean! Not sure how I feel about the silver wing mirrors though. Wheels look in good nic?

Yeah it does, from a distance anyway lol. Some areas are pretty dull and a hand polish isn't enough. The mirrors are standard like that, although if they were body coloured you'd never know it was an S3... then again I have already tried to get into someone elses black A3 without realising :lol:

Wheels could do with a refurb but they aren't bad enough to bother me at the moment.

Good work so far mate, definitely sounds like its lived :)

Cheers dude, and yeah, she's definitley been used well. At least I know it's not been sitting around lol.

So progress has been slow due to house stuff/work and the fact the weather has been absolute crap.

Got her cleaned yesterday and decided to try and get some snaps in a local industrial yard, weren't very happy with them because it was quite overcast so will take some better ones when the weather improves.

23982162581_8cdb794453_c.jpg

23956608272_e8f7a953e2_c.jpg

24064767375_4b39b16ac6_c.jpg

So then in my infinite wisdom decided to paint the calipers with the paint that I bought off of eBay. Doesn't help that it was cheap crap and the fact it turns out that it's gloss, I'm absolutely awful with gloss. No turning back after this though

12393933_583095571844170_291121491_n.jpg

I perservered, got a few coats on. They do look a bit crap up close, this is because I wasn't very careful and getting the stupid Audi spring clips back on mullered the paint, not the end of the world as they'll be coming off when I buy new pads and discs so I'll flatten them down and start again. I also added some quattro decals to the side skirts, undecided on the yellow or silver, thoughts?

Before
24038658106_ee90bdde65_c.jpg

and after
24038657316_ce022f2216_c.jpg

Here's the yellow side
23982162081_59d91925bf_c.jpg

23956608132_10fdd084ca_c.jpg

I may just end up taking them off and painting the calipers black. Who knows lol. Not to everyone's taste I'll admit, but the calipers actually look pretty good in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. What about red calipers? Were you planning on a sports cat and new exhaust system? :D I wondered if you had found a system for the Audi that you liked.

Looks good. What about red calipers? Were you planning on a sports cat and new exhaust system? :D I wondered if you had found a system for the Audi that you liked.

I may go red as I have a red Foliatec kit, but it could've gone off by now lol. I'm planning on having a full turbo back system, will more than likely end up with a Milltek as I can get quite a bit off of them brand new, but I'm in no rush really.

In the first picture of your update is yours on the right? ;) :lol:

I knew some cnut would make a comment like that :lol:

Silver decals IMHO.

Now that you've said silver, it's actually been 50/50 from everyone I spoken to. Must ask more people.

I like the silver because it matches the wheels and mirrors, and I like the yellow because race car calipers, and I'll be tinting the fogs yellow.

Back