• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dan's EP3 Track Car (Tight Budget Build) Or Not.

torque damper fitted whihc i think is epic!

Are you not misssing a nut on the bolt thread for the torque damper? The end nearest the front near on the engine mount. The exposed thread bolt where the bracket goes over there is usually nut that goes over it? I was trying to fit mine today and havent got a socket deep enough to tighten the bolt on top of the bracket so was just wondering if there was any reason you left yours off? Would make life much easier for me as i wont have to buy anothet socket.

In theory the bracket wont be able to come off anyway as its secured on the front bracket

Last edited by a moderator:
mine was 2nd hand mate, my friend had it like this for 2 years and was fine but i will get another bolt from a scrappy, as i have ocd lol

Some nice progress here. Quick question as I'm going to start stripping mine this afternoon. Is there and sound deadening etc stuck to the inside?

mine was 2nd hand mate, my friend had it like this for 2 years and was fine but i will get another bolt from a scrappy, as i have ocd lol

Ah i see. I might just put mine on and tighten the nut as tight as i can by hand. Dont think it need to be on tight as its not going anywhere. I dont have a bloody socket deep enough to resch the nut when its wound down to the bracket level

Back