• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dan's Satin Silver Facelift EP3

So this is my second EP3, only had it a week but absolutely love it already. Needs a bit of tlc but it will certainly get that now. Couldnt decide between the cosmic gray or the satin silver but this one appeared 30 miles for me, went to see it and knew it was the one. 2 previous owners, Full Honda history, 60k miles. Completely standard which is what i wanted, had too many problems with already modded cars in the past so going to start from scratch and do it all myself, that way i know its been properly and expense spared. There was a few things that it needed money spent on so i managed to get a good bit of his asking price which i was happy with. MOT had 3 advisories, one of the front tyres were right on the limit (will replace both fronts, annoys me when people just change 1), needs 2 new front suspension bushes, wheels badly need refurbed, small dent above the rear arch and could do with new discs and pads all round. Also i think the accelerator cable could do with adjusting/tightening and its a bit jumpy when the foots down and when i let off. (hoping thats all it is)

Previous owner was a joiner and had his own van, car only got used now and again for nipping about the town and at weekends, hence why he had only done 9k miles in the 3 years he owned it. Longest iv ever kept a car is 2 years so im hoping i can keep this for much longer than that. Got a few subtle mods planned but nothing too over the top. Once i get the car back to the condition it should be the mods will begin.

Anyway enough chat, heres some pictures of my previous cars and the new Ep3

Corsa VXR Arctic Edition, sorry for crap photo quality
070_zpscfb66ec4.jpg

069_zps5db3286f.jpg

051_zps81a56a13.jpg

132_zps7c78fdba.jpg

Leon Cupra R

2986089-1_zps81130155.jpg

2986089-2_zps7768f631.jpg

Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition, absolutely loved this thing, but monies meant it had to go. gutted:(

alltosort20111880_zpsa97e3681.jpg

alltosort20111860_zpse43b424b.jpg

alltosort20111580_zps547a2644.jpg

alltosort20111874_zpsa95d395f.jpg

And now the new Type R, this was it the day i picked it up.
You can see the small dent i mentioned earlier, above the rear arch. No paint damage so should be able to get repaired easy enough i hope.
IMG_0182_zpsa449820b.jpg

IMG_0183_zpsbb71320e.jpg

IMG_0185_zpsa86793dc.jpg

IMG_0186_zps6a6f4eb1.jpg

Wheels badly need refurbed, i think they may have been sprayed before they dont quite look the original silver..

IMG_0184_zps6055b3bc.jpg

The head unit it came with was a bit ragged, broken round the edges and the screen didnt work so that was the first thing to come out.
Before:
IMG_0190_zps5f7bc83f.jpg

After:
IMG_0191_zps77b77f9a.jpg

Thats all for now but will keep this updated with all my TLC work and when i start the mods, enjoy! :)

So after having it for a few days, i decided it was time to get to work on it and getting it back to the way it should be. I had won an auction with Autocleanz on facebook for a bunch of cleaning products, spent about £100 but it would have been worth about £300 RRP so well chuffed with that. Also bought a new powerwasher and hoover so time to get to work.

First thing i done was the engine bay, looked like it had never been cleaned before. so got the cling film, the gunk and the toothbrush out and got scrubbing.

Before:
IMG_0192_zps84e88159.jpg

IMG_0199_zps3a2624e7.jpg

IMG_0194_zps210fe0f9.jpg

IMG_0195_zpse8072a48.jpg

IMG_0196_zps756f7481.jpg

After:
IMG_0200_zps92291e3d.jpg

IMG_0201_zps915926f7.jpg

IMG_0204_zps43616d60.jpg

IMG_0218_zps1685124f.jpg

Well impressed with how cleaner it is!

Next up was the headlights, covered in scratches and that weird haze you always see on them, so got the toothpaste out and scrubbed it all out.

Before:
IMG_0251_zpse74600f0.jpg

After:
IMG_0253_zps65ff8732.jpg

Sprayed the door handles which were badly scratched and got myself a new set of Type R mats, what a difference already

IMG_0232_zps2923c273.jpg

Wheels got a good clean using purple rain, which is amazing by the way!

IMG_0219_zpsac454a13.jpg

IMG_0250_zps3df12ceb.jpg

Better :)

Then gave it a good clean, polish and covered it twice in Project 32 sealant.

IMG_0240_zpsefd9faa2.jpg

IMG_0239_zps68de2ae7.jpg

IMG_0237_zps7a9bd015.jpg

IMG_0229_zpsafa5709c.jpg

IMG_0228_zpsd1b9d36b.jpg

IMG_0227_zpsa566ad64.jpg

IMG_0224_zpse1f5f277.jpg

IMG_0223_zps47235ba7.jpg

IMG_0222_zps671ee337.jpg

So happy with the way its come up, underneath all that dirt the car was immaculate, paint is spotless. Just needed that bit of care. Im quite bad with OCD so it will be staying this way from now on!

Today my silvertec bulbs arrived so they got fitted in the front and back lights and my Skunk2 gear knob arrived, which makes gear changes quite a bit easier with it being heavier, also made the interior look fresher as the original was quite worn out.

IMG_0263_zps9c41ff15.jpg

IMG_0265_zpsb6d77de3.jpg

IMG_0269_zps214a1742.jpg

IMG_0268_zpsb7e23d38.jpg

Next up iv got some HID's on there way, some type r owners stickers ;) and a few other little bits and bobs.
And iv managed to get a hold of some second hand Apex lowering springs which will be going on this week, got a mate whos going to get the car up on the ramp and give it a good check over whilst hes fitting them.

Nice car mate. Good choice! I use fk1000p sealant and/or dojo juice white fantastic wax on my ss. Both look really nice with the sealant giving it a 'wet' look.
Haha I noticed you have bought some springs already, the modding bug will bite especially if you go to any Jap shows!
I recommend getting some eibach camber bolts/arms fitted and getting a frsu while having the springs fitted - will transform the car :)

Enjoy the forum! :)

Some nice cars you had then mate.

You also had sexy car washers. :lol:

Nice Satin Silver mate, best colour IMO! :cool:

Cheers lads. Yeah iv heard alot of good things about dodo juice, will try that out some day. Thats what i want, the wet look. Looks amazing. Haha yeah i was at banzai a couple of weeks ago at crail just before i got the car, made me even more excited!

Yep those sexy washers were my gf and her mum, as i sat back in the sun with a cider, the way it should be. Haha. Although it would never get done properly if it was always that way.

Yea i put up a post about getting the frsu. Think ** leave putting the springs off until i get all the bits for it and get it done all at once.

Looks mint after a good clean!
did you go to the 2nd last bhp lydden show?
im sure i saw the astra there with the bonnet up

If your not looking to get a induction setup i done the hondata air box mod then put a panel filter in
makes good gains
its free aswell apart from filter and bigger caf if you get them
i will have to get some proper wheel cleaner they cleaned up a treat

Cheers lads. Yeah iv heard alot of good things about dodo juice, will try that out some day. Thats what i want, the wet look. Looks amazing. Haha yeah i was at banzai a couple of weeks ago at crail just before i got the car, made me even more excited!

Yep those sexy washers were my gf and her mum, as i sat back in the sun with a cider, the way it should be. Haha. Although it would never get done properly if it was always that way.

Yea i put up a post about getting the frsu. Think ** leave putting the springs off until i get all the bits for it and get it done all at once.

Heres a link to the sealant http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/finishkare-1000p-hi-temp-sealant/prod_589.html You can also get sample tins from them which is handy. I have a few pics on my thread in my sig after using it and the Dojo Juice.

Fair play getting your mam and gf to wash the car! That would never happen in my house haha, my GF would see it as actively encouraging my 'obsession' with my car - not that I would trust her to clean it! :p

yeh I would get it all done at once if I were you. Think it would cost a nice bit of $$$ but the drive home will be sick :D

Bilberry wheel cleaner is good stuff. I have nothing to compare it with but it got a **** load of... **** off my wheels! Without taking off the paint.

did you go to the 2nd last bhp lydden show?
im sure i saw the astra there with the bonnet up

If your not looking to get a induction setup i done the hondata air box mod then put a panel filter in
makes good gains
its free aswell apart from filter and bigger caf if you get them

Sure does, although its filthy again! Scottish roads suck for keeping the car clean.
I sold the Astra last summer so may have been the new owner, although he was from Ireland so not sure if it would be him.
What panel filter did you put in? Really cant decide whether to go for an induction kit or keep the standard box. Dont want something that looks ridiculous and out of place but i also want something that gets good gains really gets the Vtec roar.
Would highly recommend purple rain, its mainly for brake dust removal but iv used it on tar and bugs, leave it to soak for 5 mins and power wash, all comes off no scrubbing.

Heres a link to the sealant http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/finishkare-1000p-hi-temp-sealant/prod_589.html You can also get sample tins from them which is handy. I have a few pics on my thread in my sig after using it and the Dojo Juice.

Fair play getting your mam and gf to wash the car! That would never happen in my house haha, my GF would see it as actively encouraging my 'obsession' with my car - not that I would trust her to clean it! :p

yeh I would get it all done at once if I were you. Think it would cost a nice bit of $$$ but the drive home will be sick :D

Bilberry wheel cleaner is good stuff. I have nothing to compare it with but it got a **** load of... **** off my wheels! Without taking off the paint.

Nice one bud, will give it a shot at some point. Haha was an awesome day but they didnt last long, done the front bumper then i had to take over. (re-doing the front bumper properly obv haha)

Awesome work bud! Looks amazing.

How do you think it compares to your previous cars drive/ownership wise? I've only really gone from a 1.1 saxo, then EP2 now EP3 so never really sure how good mine is or if it's just my lack of experince. I'd love to own loads of different cars over time but cant bring myself to sell the civic. :)

I have a pipercross panel filter
itg filters are the best panel filter im sure
it gives a good noticable gain looks oem and gives a roar in vtec but not loud and fake like k&n filters
i plan to get a itg filter soon
i got a ramair caf pipe as well and hid it behind the top grill

Back