• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Davek's Supercharged FN2

Including mapping & unneccessary items such as Samcos, Oil cap, Mugen Socks & Carbon fibre cover it probably came to about 3k all completed.

Thoroughly enjoyed the write up and great to see you doing the work yourself...Would love to have a go in one of these Supercharged conversions after reading that!

Cheers Jerry, was really good meeting you too, I have only just been on here for the first time in ages.

Just saw the thread about your car and am truely gutted for you....I loved your car so hope it comes back better than ever and that you get some payout for the hassle.

Dave

I see your quite local to me, i'm tempted to ask if i could have a look at your car as this is what i want to do to my wifes car

Stu

Where abouts are you mate?

I have actually had some more work done now....it turned out I had a larger pulley than I thought on there and now I have the smaller pulley it is now running 305.5bhp with just the charger, Gruppe M and TDI headers.

Cool. Yeah I dont mind showing people the setup. Where abouts do you go to in Kent??

You should sign up to civinfo.com as theres loads of info on there about tuning the FN2 and theres four of us on there now running chargers.

I'm around the medway towns or seeing family in ashford

Yes i'm on there but dont get about much on the honda forums

Including mapping & unneccessary items such as Samcos, Oil cap, Mugen Socks & Carbon fibre cover it probably came to about 3k all completed.

GM = £1k , Remap = £700 , Header = £500...S/C £1000??? and labour to fit, have i missed something?

GM = £1k , Remap = £700 , Header = £500...S/C £1000??? and labour to fit, have i missed something?

He did the fitting himself. Bigger cohones than me, but he did it alright!

I think the £3,000 means for the S/C conversion only.

Remapping costs around £200-230 depending where you go if you alread have Flashpro, and I might be wrong but I think Dave already had the Gruppe M and header before he did the conversion.

Yep I did the fitting myself so saved quite abit of money....werent that big a job ***....tbh it was a damn sight easier than changing the turbo on a MK4 astra (Well less cuts and scrapes anyway :) )

Breakdown of the parts...

GM - Less than half the price you quoted ;) and I already had it

Charger - £1700

Labour - £0

Remap inc Flashpro - £900

Samcos & Dressup gear - £260ish

Header - Quite abit less as I swapped my standard one for it and swapped them over for the guy as his car was being sold so he wanted peanuts for it.

So all in it is about 3k :)

The mapping is more expensive when going from NA to FI as its alot more involved.

Heres some pics that I got of my old astra..

12a3c9b2.jpg

dk11.jpg

dk14.jpg

dk4.jpg

dk7.jpg

dk8.jpg

..No LED lights, OEM+ FTW! LOL

260bhp and 305ft/lb torque....went alright but nowhere near as fun as the civic! Was a good sleeper though until you saw the front mount.

I used to have alot better pics but these are the only ones left on my photobucket.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only because I used to see one hanging around the Bobbing Mcdonalds every now and then.

Looks clean though, 260bhp is pretty good considering they are around the 180bhp marker standard. My mate has the 888 version and my other friend has just sold his convertible turbo. Shame they are so heavy otherwise it would be so much better. Oh and the fact the rear seats are tiny :lol:

It's only because I used to see one hanging around the Bobbing Mcdonalds every now and then.

Looks clean though, 260bhp is pretty good considering they are around the 180bhp marker standard. My mate has the 888 version and my other friend has just sold his convertible turbo. Shame they are so heavy otherwise it would be so much better. Oh and the fact the rear seats are tiny :lol:

The only times I would have been at bobbing would have been either getting petrol or grabbing a quick mc'ds...eat and gone....never been a mcdonalds rudeboi. LOL.

There 200bhp standard, that was Regal phase 2 mapped and pulled 250bhp then I went for the sports cat and VXR turbo and then rolling roaded again at 260bhp, it boosted rediculously high with that turbo though, used to overboost to about 25psi and sit on 22 psi.

:lol: fair enough, I never hung around there either, it's on the way to my bird's sisters house and the car park is always full of them parked up lol.

Are they, I swear my mates was just over 180 before he had it chipped. God knows what the triple 8 is running, I know it has over 300ft/lb torque though, with a VXR turbo and a TDi airbox.
Blimey, I bet that thing was thirsty why did you sell it?

Back