• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dazza's NHB Civic Type R 259.5bhp

*Spec list on Page 8*

Right so now my internet at home is up and running figured i best get a members car thread going. The car itself is a 54 plate Nighthawk black ep3 ctr with air con, leather seats, tinted windows and eletric windows.

The car as come into my possesion in extremely sad circumstances, it used to be my dads but sadly he passed away at the young age of 55 at the beginning of december. The car was his pride and joy and he loved and looked after it.

Now its my turn, plan WAS to keep it standard ish with a couple of little modifications, but it's really not in my nature. body work wise the car will remain pretty much if not exactly as it left the honda factory. Most modifications i have planned are suspension related but also will look to improve performance and looks slightly and jus generally look after it.
quick list of planned modifications then some pictures.
HKS hi power cat back (may settle for somthing else for the timebeing)
either hondata airbox mod or tegiwa induction kit
30mm lowering springs
FRSU with adjustable camber arms and bolts
front strut brace
rear lower tie bar
repaint rocker cover and generally clean and tidy the engine bay
new floor mats
interior needs a good clean
may change the colour of the silver bits in the interior

right now for a couple of pictures, gave it a decent clean the first weekend i was driving it
EFE71842-C64E-4666-A969-C2C147A13F9D-776-0000006599000C42.jpg

love iron-x
0A6268B8-9522-4A71-BC76-380E98553A18-776-000000657272AEC7.jpg

chrome rear indicators before and after
0B0B55F4-0EB6-40FA-8F75-D73A7EE2F77D-776-000000657B2DB0D7.jpg

IMG_1303_zpsb192a0a8.jpg

de civic'd the rear before and after
IMG_1328_zps7fade09f.jpg

IMG_1329_zps0056e45d.jpg

Polished my gearknob, needs another going over though
IMG_1320_zps2fd8cf53.jpg

and how it is at the moment
IMG_1367_zps023f3573.jpg

Apologies for some of the quality of the pictures, got my dads digital camera now, so future pictures should be better. will post pictures of some of my old cars in the pride and joy pictures thread for those that are interested.

thanks for reading

darren

Last edited by a moderator:
Dazza's NHB Facelift Civic type r

Hey, dazza car looks so mint can't tell you how much I love the NHB one of the best colours IMO, keep up with the good work mate!!!

Reminds me of my EP3, *snif*.

Lovely looking OEM car. If it were mine I'd probably go aero-wipers and stick the Type R badge back on the grille. Front end looks clean, but just feels like it's missing something to me.

Nice workshop too btw. :D

Thanks people.
Aero wipers are going to be the next things I purchase.
Did these have type r badges on the front?

Lovely looking car, nice and original..... those indicator bulbs are a nice little touch too!

Yep, should have a Type-R badge on the grille on the right hand side of the H badge but mine had been taken off too........ personally, i prefer the grille without one so never put one back on! I'm the opposite on wipers though, had aeros when bought, soon binned for standard Honda ones lol!

Didn't realise they had a badge on the front, prefer it without so will stay like that for now.The first owner must have removed it, it's never had one since my dads owned it and that's been the past 5 and a bit years.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate, lovely example of an EP3 and I am sure you will look after it more than most with it previously being your dads.
Welcome to the forum :)

Sorry dude, I totally didn't read the part about how you came to own the CTR. Thoughts are with you and yours for your loss.

Thanks for the comments

Considering purchasing a un silenced b pipe until I can afford a hks in a couple of months. The snows a killer just sit on the Internet looking at bits to buy

Got delivered some goodies from sumo power today.
1153573B-FF8C-4DC8-B002-060B23960FBB-2646-000002C209FF59D2.jpg

Should get this and the air box mod done this weekend
Got a couple of other smaller little bits to fit aswell.

Hey dazza is that what I think it is? And does it start with 409?
Sweet!

Not my tool box, that's the company's one, I've got a honda f1 snap on box next to it.

Yip much to my girlfriend disgust its a hks hi power exhaust and a do luck panel filter.

dazza that Hks 409 is so addictive, my lady hates it and says it sounds like buzzing hornets because it's so loud specially in vtec!
I'm glad you chose it

I've been looking at different exhaust and watching YouTube videos and its the only one that sounds and looks like I want. Can't wait to get it fitted.

Looks nice bud, sorry to hear about the circumstances. The HKS sounds magnificent, you're going to love it, almost as much as your girl will hate it...

Back