• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC Sports Manifold Hitting off JDM arb - help

As the title states I just got my dc manifold fitted and I also fitted the jdm arb so I dodnt expect it to hit off it but it does at times.

I only have one engine mount fitted could that be the cause?

The JDM ARB doesn't really do anything for clearance with a DCRH, do you have any clearance at all? A rear ES insert should be enough to stop the majority of the movement and prevent any flexi issues.

Pretty sure it was the rear mount that was fitted.

Not sure on the clearance, it doesnt do it all the time so its strange. Im taking it off anyway and going for a spoon manifold as the dc coupled with a spec III and gruppe m is making my ears sore every time I drive it :eek:

Are you sure somethings not fouling a heatsheild? Its worth checking the clearance between the ARB and Manifold.

^^ I dont know mate, not had a chance to get the car up on a ramp for a good look. The heatshield was removed when the manifold was fitted tho.

Ill need to try and get a look the mora as its doing me head in

I has this exact problem! the DC manifold is quite tall on the latter part of the pipes where it goes under the ARB.
I found it to be worse in reverse, but did get the odd knocks when giving some bean whilst moving. I check the front and rear engine mounts and both were "torn". Check for this!
For safe measure i fitted some Mugen engine mounts with inserts and a Spoon torque damper. have no issues now!

worth having a look over them though incase they are ripped?

Ive got DC Sports mani, with Energy mounts. No probs what so ever, didnt change Front ARB cos no need to. Do you think your JDM ARB is causing the prob seen as you dont need to change it it might not fit properly with the JDM item

Yup I think thats what caused the problem myself, no matter now as I have the spoon manifold on :D

^^ Thats it mate, I more changed mines because coupled with the spec III and gruppe m it was just too much. The spoon resonator has made it a bit more bearable :twisted:

Back