• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC Sports or Japspeed Manifold?

Looking to get an 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and have read great things about the DC Sports one as well as the Japspeed one. As the Japspeed is pretty much half the price over the DC Sports one, is there any benifit of paying the extra for thE DC Sports one?

Also, does a 4-2-1 decay make your car that much louder? I am currently at 81db with my I silenced mid pipe.

I think it would make it a lot louder, you would also need engine mount inserts to protect it and mapping to get the best out of it.

I don't think the DC Sports is much more though is it? the Japspeed is around £220 the DC is around £100 more. My mates bro got a DC Sports on his DC5 the quality is excellent but his teg is loud he has a full catback as well though, he had a custom silencer made as he was waking everyone up around where he lives even when creeping :lol:.

I've got the DC on my Teg with the full DC exhaust system and it is LOUD!! Not ASBO level, but enough to wake the neighbours easily. As has been said, unless you're getting the car setup with a K100 or KPro, mani's are useless as you'll never get the most out of them until you have a good map.

The DC is £389 and the Japspeed is £189 I think with the discount. However, that's not good if having a decat makes the car stupid loud as the car will be a daily also. Might give it a miss a just get a remap with my current mods.

Not on if the DC sports is a better option over the Japspeed. I was going going to order this week so interested if it was worth paying extra for the DC.

Linus, have you got a KPro or K100. If not don't bother bud, a mani is only good with a map, without you'll end up running rich or leaning out the fuel and that will not do your engine any good. Save up for an ECU first or scour the for sales for one, once you have the ECU then go for the mani and decat and full system etc.

Just another option Japspeed also do this:

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Honda-Civ...onda-Civic-Type-R-EP3-4-2-Manifold/p-5-1-806/

You could then mount this to their downpipe with sports cat, I enquired about this and they said that it will give you decent gains and isn't much louder than standard when used with the standard exhaust. You could try and change your b pipe to silenced then you may have a little more power whilst keeping it relatively quiet. Again though save up and get kpro/k100 and get it mapped (do it all in one go).

Linus, have you got a KPro or K100. If not don't bother bud, a mani is only good with a map, without you'll end up running rich or leaning out the fuel and that will not do your engine any good. Save up for an ECU first or scour the for sales for one, once you have the ECU then go for the mani and decat and full system etc.

No, my plan is to do at the same time at the end of June. MOT and manifold at TGM and then to Euro Spec for K100 and remap. However, the extra noise is a concern so at the moment I am considering not changing the manifold and staying oem and just get the remap with my current mods which is an ITG induction and an unsilenced mid pipe.

Back