• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 exhaust opinions!!

ok, so the time has come to invest in an exhaust for my UKDM DC2. i have done a bit of research, and originally wanted for the following set up:

DC Sports Header -- keep cat -- Apexi World Sport II cat back exhaust.

i was happy to go ahead with this set up, but then i came across the Spoon N1 axle back exhaust, while looking at exhaust video's on youtube. i absolutely love the sound of this exhaust. now i have done a bit of research into this exhaust, and have come across some mixed opinions on it. some say its too loud, others say ts not?? others say its just perfect, but if you add in a header or b-pipe its far too loud?? So i could:

DC Sports Headed -- silenced B-Pipe -- Spoon N1 axle back exhaust (or)
Stock Header -- keep cat -- stock b pipe -- Spoon N1 axle back exhaust (or)
DC Sports Header -- stock b pipe -- Spoon N1 axle back exhaust (or)
Stock Header -- silenced b pipe -- Spoon N1 axle back exhaust

now i like the sound of the Spoon N1, but i do not want an overly loud set up. which of the above 4 options would be best for power / torque gains and noise?? i would love a fujitsubo RM01A or a Mugen twin loop but money is a bit of a factor. Are thier any real gains to be made from a header and b pipe?? or is it just a weight / noise factor??

eg if i had a aftermarket header and full spoon system, or a stock header and stock b pipe and spoon axle back, is there any real difference?? i know the Spoon is a bit louder and not as good looking, but i love the sound of it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7talOux9rw

Biggest gains will come from the header and b-pipe. The UK stock header is a bag of crap, and anything will be an improvement. Cat-back is down to personal preference, so either looks or sound, or both. But gains are pretty much all down to the header on UK DC2's

I had a toda header and a Apexi N1 exhaust on my old JDM, and the sound it made was truely epic.

Try and get yourself a 98 spec JDM mani as that is a massive improvment over UKDM, or if you have the dollar then aftermarket Toda, DC etc. As for cat back as Nick said this really wont make any performance differences so it all comes down to noise. If you want noise then go the spoon route, if you want a nice and not too loud noise over stock then you really can't go wrong with a twin loop.

I had a toda header and a Apexi N1 exhaust on my old JDM, and the sound it made was truely epic.
Try and get yourself a 98 spec JDM mani as that is a massive improvment over UKDM, or if you have the dollar then aftermarket Toda, DC etc. As for cat back as Nick said this really wont make any performance differences so it all comes down to noise. If you want noise then go the spoon route, if you want a nice and not too loud noise over stock then you really can't go wrong with a twin loop.

but was your Toda / N1 set up TOO loud? i do love the sound of the N1 but do not want my ears to bleed! i would love to be able to have a Toda mani, but the prices are rediculuos! So if i do go for a header it will be DC Sports. Are the stock UKDM ITR's that bad? if thats the case will i be better off going for a 98 spec JDM ITR or aftermarket header??

So its looking like DC Sports / 98 JDM ITR header and axle back Spoon N1?!! does a b pipe do anything really other than make it a bit noiser? (i know it flows better but is it that much more noticeable??)

I had the JDM manifold, Vibrant hi flow cat, Spoon B pipe and Spoon N1 on my UKDM. I also had a stripped interior, including no carpet/headliner. It was loud, but nothing compared to a Buddyclub spec 2. The 98 spec manifold is a really nice bit of kit, obviously fits very well, and is also secured in place well, no cracking or denting from hanging to low etc... I ran mine with a Spoon filter in the stock air box, if you have an open cone etc... I presume it would sound louder still. Here are some pics of my system;

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

HIFLOWCAT.jpg

SPOONBPIPE.jpg

SPOONN1.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

I had the JDM manifold, Vibrant hi flow cat, Spoon B pipe and Spoon N1 on my UKDM. I also had a stripped interior, including no carpet/headliner. It was loud, but nothing compared to a Buddyclub spec 2. The 98 spec manifold is a really nice bit of kit, obviously fits very well, and is also secured in place well, no cracking or denting from hanging to low etc... I ran mine with a Spoon filter in the stock air box, if you have an open cone etc... I presume it would sound louder still. Here are some pics of my system;
DSC00573.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

HIFLOWCAT.jpg

SPOONBPIPE.jpg

SPOONN1.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

very nice!! how did you find the noise on a day to day basis? did you find many gains from this set up? at the moment i am thinking of a 98 Spec JDM manifold, stock cat and b pipe, and Spoon N1 axle back. My car also has a AEM CAI kit. what problems will i be facing swapping a UKDM manifold for a JDM manifold? i think the UKDM cat is longer? how would you fix this issue? and gunn 70, im in the market for a used JDM manifold, but how much did the new Honda one set you back? thanks.

This was a few years ago, so will try my best to remember - I think the manifold was £270, plus you will need the donut gasket and gear box mount as in the pictures, the main gasket is optional, but best to change it to be sure. That lot puts the price over £300 including delivery. I bought it through a chap on the ITR-DC2 forum, cant remember who, he was able to source them regularly at the time.

You will not be able to use the JDM manifold with the OEM UK cat, or at least without modifications, hence I went for a hi flow cat which was cut to fit when the system was fitted. Again, all the details are on ITR-DC2.com as my memory is a bit rusty from back then!

As for power gains etc... Well the car definitely felt faster, and I did have a power run done at Powerstation, however as with all dyno graphs, take it with a big pinch of salt, it was part of a group rolling road day, and there will be inconsistencies in the graph no doubt! :lol:

W292JNT1.jpg

This was a few years ago, so will try my best to remember - I think the manifold was £270, plus you will need the donut gasket and gear box mount as in the pictures, the main gasket is optional, but best to change it to be sure. That lot puts the price over £300 including delivery. I bought it through a chap on the ITR-DC2 forum, cant remember who, he was able to source them regularly at the time.

You will not be able to use the JDM manifold with the OEM UK cat, or at least without modifications, hence I went for a hi flow cat which was cut to fit when the system was fitted. Again, all the details are on ITR-DC2.com as my memory is a bit rusty from back then!

As for power gains etc... Well the car definitely felt faster, and I did have a power run done at Powerstation, however as with all dyno graphs, take it with a big pinch of salt, it was part of a group rolling road day, and there will be inconsistencies in the graph no doubt! :lol:
hmmm, ive been looking around at the price of these manifolds and they seem to be making a bit more money than that new now?! even some of the second hand ones are bloody expensive! will ring around some local car dismantlers in the next few days. youd never know what i might pick up. if i could source a complete exhaust system from a 98 spec jdm itr, would this fit my car? this would save issues with cat etc. went to order the N1 aswel earlier, but the two shops prices have gone up by over 70GBP on website price - because of the price of the YEN? this now brings the price of this axle back exhasut to about 350GBP! wel have to keep lookin.

anyway thanks for the info. have kind of settled on 98 Spec JDM ITR manifold and Spoon N1 as my exhaust of choice! and there some pretty impressive power figures you have there! hope mine will be something similar :)

Back