• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 Service Cost

All,

My best mate little brother just bought a DC2 and we went out for a quick spin last night. It was my first time I've been in a DC2 and I can understand about the bolster wear :eek::lol:

The recaro definitely fit more snug in the DC2 than the AE EP3 ones.

Anyways, he purchase the car for £4,100 and only got 87k miles on the clock but obviously want to take it to Honda for a full health check and service.

Just wondering what the ball park figure would be.

I rang my local Honda dealer and he came back with a price of £349 :eek:

I thought that was a bit excessive and it only sounds like its the usual oil, plugs, pollen, air filter change.

Thanks gang.

Gary

Anyone? :confused:

Just to give some more info- here is the original ad:

DC2 ad said:
1998 S plate ukdm, currently SORN'd. 87k and FHSH up to 70k or so. Timing belt was done at 50k by Honda. Too many new parts to mention but is mechanically standard apart from a kaiten 4kg flywheel and AP racing clutch, braided lines, cusco brake master cylinder stopper, Mugen baffled sump and pedals. I've had the car since august 2004, sourced from springfield Honda in Sunderland. Very clean bodywork, I'm the third owner but after 5 years ownership I need a really cheap car to kick about in. It needs taxing and mot'ing before anyone can drive it but if anyone shows real interest that won't be a problem and I'll put her back on the road. PM me for more info or to arrange viewing, she lives in South Shields :thumbsup:

looking for £4500 for her......

100_0203.jpg

100_0202.jpg

gary, sorry i cant help you specifically RE servicing costs. it might be wise to send a PM or call tom at TGM he will give you a couple of minutes of his time im sure.

the car looks great.

Thanks for that Rossy.

Considering how much I've read about Tom being busy all the time and hard to catch him, I was hoping forum members in the know will be able to help me with my query.

I cant access the DC2 forum at this work as otherwise I would have a looky there :eek:

The car is great :cool: although the previous owner had striped the likes of the sound deadener(sp) and rear parcel shelf, stereo and odd speakers to make it lighter, and the noise inside the car is actually louder than outside :p

didnt get a chance to drive it but he said we'll arrange another time in the very near future so looking forward to that :twisted:

Well, he ended up taking it to Honda.

My best mate is good friends with the owners of XO and they quoted him £200 to do it, but we all agreed that its best to let Honda take care of this one and in effect give it a clen bill of health and then maybe XO can do it from there.

My dealer offered to include the gearbox oil change included in the price as well so that all good :cool:

Back