• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 Brakes on CTR EP3

Do the Brembo DC5 brakes fit straight onto a Civic Type R EP3 2005 Plate?

Please advise

Thanks, Lee

No, you need DC5 hubs and other things. Turbo Type R Manda did the conversion, fire her a PM or wait for her to post and she'll inform you of what exactly you need.

Personally I think it's too much hassle for what it's worth.

Thanks Chris. What brakes are a straight fit? im looking bigger, drilled mainly, can be drilled and grooved etc. Any idea wheres cheapest?

Thanks again, Lee

Thanks Chris. What brakes are a straight fit? im looking bigger, drilled mainly, can be drilled and grooved etc. Any idea wheres cheapest?

Thanks again, Lee

Stoptech are probably the cheapest good big brake kit at the moment to fit behind stock wheels.

Wow, nice one, thanks guys. Im not sure what to do first, brakes or suspension or anti roll bars.

Big brake kits are OTT unless you are running big power IMO

Muchbetter changing the fluid, pads and lines :cool:

As in the camber and positions of the wheels.

Not lowering pal ;) .
Ah right that's a new one for me, even if I did take it somewhere what setudo I give them? Will I only notice the difference once I have more power then? I'm struggling to know what mods to do first

Ah right that's a new one for me, even if I did take it somewhere what setudo I give them? Will I only notice the difference once I have more power then? I'm struggling to know what mods to do first

The first Mod for me is the Fast Road Setup and Front Strut to support the FRSU. Think its important that the car feels and handles right before i start to try and get more power out of it. I'm also putting an CAI on around the same time as my FRSU is being done mainly to make help the car breath better and make it sound a bit :twisted:.

Hope this helps everone does it different though

The first Mod for me is the Fast Road Setup and Front Strut to support the FRSU. Think its important that the car feels and handles right before i start to try and get more power out of it. I'm also putting an CAI on around the same time as my FRSU is being done mainly to make help the car breath better and make it sound a bit :twisted:.

That's pretty much the gist of it mate, thats the route I went down, I think I may have fitted a GM a week before the FRSU and my J's front strut though.

It's a comman thing to have the FRSU as a first mod on the EP3.

Ok excellent, thanks again everyone, how much and where do i get the fast road set up? Ok so heres the list:

Fast Road Setup - No idea how to get this or costlol
Mugen front Strut Brace - Where is the best place to get this? unit 8 is only place i have seen.
Lowering Springs Eibach or Mugen Unit8.com
Shocks (I cant find these with the above springs)
Brake Discs and pads - ebay
Then save like a bitch and go manifold full toda exhaust (i was told this was the best choice to keep standard noise/appearance for future supercharger), manifold and supercharger on a lower psi.

Remortgage house :D

Any ideas where the best place is for some of this stuff? It seems that no matter how much i think i know theres alwasy something i dont.

Thanks again for all your advice.

Lee

For FRSU if your up north go to TDI if down south TGM, FRSU is about 230 quid from TGM and about the same again to be lowered. Hope this helps

Back