• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5/CTR Footrest

JMR

TRO Supporter
Wouldnt mind your opinions on my DC5 style footrest I'm fitting in my EP3. :D

This is a dimensional replica of the genuine ITR footrest. :cool:

My initial design/render looked like this
dc5_footrest_render.jpg

Prototypes made at work this week look like this [I omitted the rolled/countersunk effect to the holes as I thought it unnecessary]
DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

Hand polished brushed stainless steel finish
DSC_0096.jpg

And a quick fitted pic [minus the rivets - forgot to bring the rivet gun home:rolleyes:]

DSC_0083.jpg

Have a bag under my desk with another 5 'prototypes' in :lol:

Hope you guys approve. Thanks for looking, James

Somebody is busy at work... :rolleyes: Good effort mate looks pretty good to me! :cool:

Somebody is busy at work... :rolleyes: Good effort mate looks pretty good to me! :cool:

Hehe. Nah, all measured, drawn and programmed at home, then exported to bosses machine at work - he issued them to the works to make while they were doing some stainless work for him. ;)

Cheers for the nod of approval :D
Just need to open holes out from 10mm dia to 12mm dia to get it looking a bit closer to the original

Don't like that, sorry.

:(
Sorry to hear that Nick.

Though at £15 each as opposed to the £50 or whatever the originals are - I'm happy. ;)

Exactly the same size and 'footprint' as the standard plastic footrest fitted to all EP3s. [and the SAME SIZE as the DC5 footrest Joe.]

No it isn't, the Honda one is plastic, and the holes have a raised lip around them, providing friction.

The materials are different, but the design (i.e. where the holes are etc are the same)

Why would you need friction on a foot rest plate anyway? Unless you're wearing BPS with a slippery sole?

agreed with nick on this, OEM ftw (still havnt got round to getting mine after saying iv wanted a set for over 6 months :(). just other things i want more keep popping up :smt047

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks spot on to me, made of a more durable material than OEM, grip isn't an issue on a footrest and it's cheaper:cool:

Looks spot on to me, made of a more durable material than OEM, grip isn't an issue on a footrest and it's cheaper:cool:

Thanks for that:D

And thanks to Jermal for his replies.....You've said what I thought [and saved me from sounding like I'm having to defend myself.;)]

The other 5 are up for grabs at £15 each delivered if anyones interested.
I probably ought to start a new thread in the for sale section.

And thanks to Jermal for his replies.....You've said what I thought [and saved me from sounding like I'm having to defend myself.;)]

No worries chap. It just annoys me that someone puts some graft in to make something that although is not exactly the same as the OEM one, it's a damn sight better than a lot of the other tat you can buy for CTR's. People are very quick to criticise, but would not put the effort in themselves.

You can see from you initial prep designs that you haven't just churned out some half arsed DIY titbit in you lunch hour. A fair deal of preparation and work has gone into this and I applaud you for your effort.

If you are in the position to make more, I would advertise it on CTRO. You're sure to make a killing on there.

Back