• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 K20 Head/K24 Block/K26 Stroker Build...

Hello,

Here is my Milano Red DC5!

Current Moddifications are a Tegiwa 4-2-1 Header downpipe & Decat... Custom ITuned center pipe & Spoon Sports Axle Back...
Just sold My Tegiwa N1 Intake as I now plan to go down the ITB's route supplied by a company called AT Power...
BC RM Coilovers... Tegiwa Rear Lower strut... Skunk 2 LCA's... Beaks Lower Tie bar...
Fully stripped .... 8.25J offset +35 530 XXRs chromium black... Tegiwa Short shifter... and a few other bits and bobs...

My plans are now to build an All Motor engine K20 head / K24 Block / with a Brian Crower K26 Stroker kit...
Brian Crower are going to be supplying me with a few other parts...
The Stage 5 (3lobe) Cams & cam set they offer... Block Sleeves... and of course all the high comp forged internalls of the K26 stroker...
As mentioned above... I am going to use ITB's Supplied by AT Power near Norwich...
Managed by KPro
I wont bore you with all the other little bits...
I am hoping to get 300whp NA...

I will try my best to keep up an impressive build thread on here!
absoloutely love track days and live right next to Snetterton track so if your about, give me a shout!
A couple pictures of what she looked like, and what she looks like!
will upload a couple more soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAXZOLeepEM

I certainly will,
When my car is back on the road middle of next year!
Unbelievable...

Whats unbelievable? The fact people are questioning the fact someone at 19 is insuring a car that some people struggle to insure in their mid - late 20s standard let alone modified

In a word.... Yes!
My car was insured correctly... and i benefited from 4 free subtle mods a year!
& My mother is a named driver on the policy...
My Father is very strict, and would not let that car touch the tarmac if it was not "legit"

Not a welcome that is appreciated to be honest...

Cheers buddy!
have you heard bad things about them?
to be honest... so far im impressed by they're performance...
what people neglect to do with the BC is take them apart and "service/clean" them ....
already stripped mine down and put them back together for this winter :)
I also keep them wrapped up in Coilover socks just to keep the majority of the crap out of them :)

They had a pretty high failure rate on evos and not a common choice among DC5 owners.

Are you on the DC5 forum ?

Nice plans.

Those are some serious cams by the sounds of it. Are you getting the head flowed and port matched as well? Any idea of what it should rev to with the K26 stroker kit?

no I'm not... :/
have just tried to jump on a few forums this week ahead of my build for advice...
but there is not much technical advice that seems to fluctuate on here or many of the UK forums...
I Have found the American forums really useful though, as it seems that every man and his dog have already done what we dream about! haha
the only problem i have is that their fuel is different to ours, and although the RON is not as high, another measure (slips my mind at the mo) is greater than ours... and i believe their fuel is better than ours...
only recently realised... so everyone suggest running 14.7:1 CR but that might be slightly difficuilt on 99RON :/ it would need to be 110 RON haha

Have you got the link?... i'll sign up! :D

I will be yes,
I decided earlier that i will not stroke the K24 hybrid... just use internals....
as i still want to keep the engine very light and revy! this was after receiving advice from Alvis, who has an NA K24 1/4 drag time record in the UK (EG)
after advice from a member i am going to steer away from BC for crank etc... just use them as a supplier for the CP pistons...
Currently talking to Jeremy from Drag Cartel in California who is very helpful!
so i think i will order there top offerings now :D
want to get it right first time :)

no I'm not... :/
have just tried to jump on a few forums this week ahead of my build for advice...
but there is not much technical advice that seems to fluctuate on here or many of the UK forums...
I Have found the American forums really useful though, as it seems that every man and his dog have already done what we dream about! haha
the only problem i have is that their fuel is different to ours, and although the RON is not as high, another measure (slips my mind at the mo) is greater than ours... and i believe their fuel is better than ours...
only recently realised... so everyone suggest running 14.7:1 CR but that might be slightly difficuilt on 99RON :/ it would need to be 110 RON haha

Have you got the link?... i'll sign up! :D

Nice build plans.

I wouldnt beleive all of what you read on the US forums with regards gains. They seem so be able to make 10WHP increases by just fitting a silicon intake hose.... I'd do as much research as you can before settling on what parts to fit and speak to a few companies here in the UK. It might be worth speaking to Clockwise motion, Automek, Eurospec, CPL etc. and then deciding what parts to buy and fit.

I will be yes,
I decided earlier that i will not stroke the K24 hybrid... just use internals....
as i still want to keep the engine very light and revy! this was after receiving advice from Alvis, who has an NA K24 1/4 drag time record in the UK (EG)
after advice from a member i am going to steer away from BC for crank etc... just use them as a supplier for the CP pistons...
Currently talking to Jeremy from Drag Cartel in California who is very helpful!
so i think i will order there top offerings now :D
want to get it right first time :)

I've got Drag Cartel cams in my FN2, cant say I'd really reconmmend those to anyone but I beleive the rest of his stuff is awesome. Just dont forget Yanks are all about 1/4 mile drag races, not blasting round a track.

oh really!?
which ones did you go for? standard 3 lobe?
the ones which i have been looking at are their stage 4 cams...
everyone else is ranting and raving over them...

did you use the titanium retainers?
or steel? i have heard bad things about the titanium ... ie gets brittle and snap :eek:

did you get any before and after dyno printouts...?
if so what was your curve like?

oh really!?
which ones did you go for? standard 3 lobe?
the ones which i have been looking at are their stage 4 cams...
everyone else is ranting and raving over them...

did you use the titanium retainers?
or steel? i have heard bad things about the titanium ... ie gets brittle and snap :eek:

did you get any before and after dyno printouts...?
if so what was your curve like?

Nothing fancy, just the DIC ones as I wanted to stick with the OEM valve train. The cams made pretty good peak power, but the torque was woeful. With all supporting mods I actually made less torque than a standard FN2 - the curve is very straight with the VTEC crossover high in the rev range (5400 rpm)

I've heard the same about Ti retainers, I had a set from CPL but sent them back when I decided to keep the standard valve train

Back