• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 Manifold

The 4-2 piece on the JDM mani is slightly bigger in circumference too :)

This I can confirm.

I have just changed my OEM EP3 mani for a DC5 one and it is bigger. Had them next to each other.

If your changing the mani you will need the downpiece/cat also.

Think about a front JDM ARB too, as the UKDM ARM is a different shape and if left unchanged can knock on the downpiece.

I dont think there is much of a hike in power, but I changed it with loads of other bits too so its hard to tell.

It being bigger, should mean better flow, so in theory its better.

ok thanks, im considering getting this as i just want a better performance manifold over stock and want to keep the cat too so no need to change it come MOT time, as im not aware of any aftermarket manifolds that still use a cat

ok thanks, im considering getting this as i just want a better performance manifold over stock and want to keep the cat too so no need to change it come MOT time, as im not aware of any aftermarket manifolds that still use a cat

Yep there is, cannot remember then name tho....

I'll have a looksie on the DC5 forum. I think you can get one from SSR racing but I wouldn't bother personally.

Just take the cat off and find a decent MOT tester.

These look VERY impressive with printouts to prove gains and at that price they are a steel!!!!!!

PiperRS said:
Hello
Thought some of you might like to see this new testing :-D
Just had it tested at CPL Racing.
Car already had an induction kit and 2.5" cat back system fitted.
Without Mapping
Before - 180bhp @ Wheels
With Sport Cat - 185bhp @ Wheels
With De Cat - 187bhp @ Wheels
With Mapping to suit
Before - 180bhp @ Wheels
With Sport Cat - 192 @ Wheels
With De Cat - 197 @ Wheels
The peak gains are good enough but the biggest winner was lower down, at 7k we saw around a 20bhp gain. Not to bad we thought :)
Here are the graphs for you to look at yourselves.
Pipermanifoldnotuning.jpg

Pipermanifoldtuned.jpg

Here is the full system:
CivicTR-EP3-Fullsystem.jpg

The prices for these lovely parts are:
Manifold + De Cat Section = £451.15
Manifold + Sports Cat Section = £610.39
Cat Back System = £379.99 (Many other tailpipe options available, just ask)
All prices include VAT.
These are available now from CPL Racing or any of the Piper Dealer Network.
Kind Regards
Garry Curley
Race Product Development Dept

Worthconsidering I think ;)

Back