• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 pedal installation.

Trung

Banned
Thanks to Andyd, I picked up a complete set including the footrest without having to spend anywhere near the cost of a Mugen pedal set.

Swapping the gas pedal assembly and footrest cover was a 2 min job however reality kicked in when I inspected the clutch and brake pedal.

There's very little room underneath the area and a bloody fuse box blocking the clutch pedal assembly.
I guess the only other method is to remove the rubber pedal covers and drill on the DC5 ones :smt087

Here is the result so far

Looking good Trung, always wondered why the CTR never came with those pedals in the first place.

I made some small progress today, I decided to remove the DC5 pedal covers off and drill it on the EP3 pedal arm.

Each DC5 pedal cover are held onto the pedal with 3 rivets.
I used a blunt spike and hammered each rivet out and then carve off the top cover.
---->

This is the bottom part of the rivet that falls out after you hammer it.

Use a screw driver and gently lift off the pedal cover.

There's actually a rubber layer below the aluminium cover which needs to taken off as well.

I'vemet some more problems as I wanted to re-rivet the pedal covers onto my car so that it looks like OEM fitment.
I went to B&Q and found the cheapest rivet gun they do was bloody £15 :roll: even worst the smallest rivet they sell was 4mm which is too big.
I think I'll try self tapping screws tomorrow.

Nice job there Trung

Would suggest self tappers and also so Loctite thread sealant just to make sure they stay in place.

Should look cool when its all finished

Finally got the clutch and brake done.
I used self tapping screw as Tarticus suggested.
I bought a rivet gun with lots of rivets and didn't use it in the end. What a waste of money! :(

I drilled the holes with a 2mm drill bit and made circular motions to enlarge the holes slightly so that I can screw in 3mm self tapping screws.

dc5pedals5ap.jpg

dc5pedals7ko.jpg

They look cool mate, looks like you've made a nice job of them too. 8)

Thanks, I'm quite impressed with the results.
It does add a sporty touch to the interior considering 90% of todays sports car comes with aluminium pedals as standard. :roll:
The new Civic uses the same clutch and brake aluminium covers as well whilst the gas pedal is massive.

Trung

do you have any step by step instructions or is it just a case of putting the covers over the original pedal and attaching the rivot screws?

:wink:

Gary
Just remove the brake and clutch rubber pedal cover and place the DC5 ones over and drill holes and then place the rivet screws in.

Back