• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 Type R Number 3 - Another J's exhaust ordered lol wut

1_21_55.jpg

These are the DC5 ones :)

I have a suspicion the design for the fenders might have changed, given that they were originally 20mm wider, are now 15mm wider and in Hot version 106, the J's DC5 had three air vents on the fenders as opposed to one.
J's don't appear to update their parts pictures very quickly e.g. the decat for the dc5 now has a flexi section on one of the branches; the 4-2 has added strengthening bits, yet it's still the old design that's shown on their website.

Jsmani2.jpg

Just a guess mind and I'll be able to confirm once mine arrive; see if my Columbo skills work.
I hope I'm wrong as in Hot version they looked suspiciously like ings fenders (or maybe chargespeed, I can't recall).

I know what you mean bud - I posted a picture of the multiple vented versions earlier in this thread also :)

Nice, you have these on order - I have them on my EP3; what is the fitment of your VOLKS? I'm having to buy a new set of volks now, as the arches are quite a bit wider than anticipated, even more so under heavy negative camber - I have about -3.3 degrees.

They look great when the car is very low though - nice and hunkered down.

9319916b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn this thread for being so long! :)

Yep, I've had them on order for over a year and we only recently worked out they weren't shipped over... :(

My Volks are 17x7.5 et50, but I'll need to run spacers anyway as Tom is getting a brake kit made up for me.

(sorry Harv for spamming your thread).

Looking stunning there Harv. Exhaust looks far better than i though, look forward to hearing it in a tunnel some time soon.

JRSC you massive douche....

You KNOW it makes sense!
If you want, when I get back and I've finished the next stage of upgrades, I'll take you out again to refresh your memory....

Back