• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 uprated engine mounts

Hello everyone i want to eliminate the dreaded 'wheel hop' from my DC5,i know you have to change engine mounts and maybe put on a engine torque damper.
Is it ok to go with just the engine mount inserts or would it be best to change all the engine mounts for a uprated one's ?
Also with the torque damper is it true you have to keep on tightening it as it becomes loose over time?

In my EP3 I used those engine mount inserts that cost about £20 and it sorts the prob out, i think most peeps will agree with me aswell....

Yep i also used the inserts very good sorted it right out.... i have since purchased allu engine mounts from CPL Racing, i haven't fitted them yet but know some people who have and they are brilliant......

Also got the J's Racing ETD and that is excellent really reduces engine kick...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the ESMM put into my old DC5 & it made quite a difference.
The feel between you putting your foot down & being translated to power on the tarmac felt much more immediate.

They do cause some cabin vibrations, but they do calm down after some use.
They are well worth the money imo.

The harder you go the more cabin noise you'll get as well. It's a trade off you'll need to decide what you are happy with.

I've had the ESMM in my past 2 cars and have been happy with them.

Whatever you go for is a good idea if your getting a manifold as well so has 2 benefits.

Back