• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

DC2 all day and all night!

Agree the DC5 looks newer, cleaner blah blah blah, but for the driving experience you cannot beat the DC2

DC2... I drove a DC5 when I had my DC2, I wasn't that impressed.

What makes me want a DC5 is that they are newer and look a bit better.

If you could get a DC2 the same age as a DC5 it would win hands down. B series FTW.

x

EP3 for comfortable UK driving still with many LULZ and good handling, only let down partially by steering IMO.

DC2 for stupid driving that on occasion makes you hate it for being too loud and spine shattering, but when you get the right day and right bit of road it never fails to make you happy.

DC5 perfect middle ground and best bits of both IMO.

If I could, I would have a daily hack and a DC2 in the garage for fun.

I don't though - I have my DC2 for daily/family/commute/long journeys and at times I curse it.

But the flashes of brilliance when you find somewhere you can get the best of it make it all worthwhile.

If you could get a DC2 the same age as a DC5 it would win hands down. B series FTW.

x

Plenty of DC2s around that are only a couple of years older than some DC5s knocking about.

Don't think it's the age of the car tbh, more the design that has aged.

Plenty of DC2s around that are only a couple of years older than some DC5s knocking about.

Don't think it's the age of the car tbh, more the design that has aged.

A lot of truth right there. You can get a late DC2 with lowish miles that will be better condition and feel tighter than an early DC5 with higher miles. Design both inside, outside and in the chassis and engine is of course the main thing to consider with the cars, age is less important (depending on budget of course).

Meh, bollocks, the K20A is a better engine in every way.

I wonder how you felt when you drove your CTR, assuming it was standard at first? lol.

The 5 has a far nicer interior, and exterior.

There both ace cars tbh.

DC2 is a much better car and suspension design. The chassis is timeless, the only thing that HAS aged is the B18C motor. I only drive K swaps, I just cannot drive a B18 anymore, much too slow. The DC5 is a great car, just that K20A belongs in the belly of a DC2-R.

Aged?... not really... the ITRs are very well made, if there is any surface rust, its just about always on the front core supports and its very easy to get to and clean up.

Aged?... not really... the ITRs are very well made, if there is any surface rust, its just about always on the front core supports and its very easy to get to and clean up.

Tell that to the site owner.

I was talking about how the looks have aged anyway.

http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46786

That thread is eye opening. All older Honda's suffer from it. JDMs not so much, but if they aren't under-sealed properly, and if no preventative maintenance is carried out, well, it might not end up pretty.

Who knew surface rust on the inner skin could be so damaging. :lol:

I have pulled down completely, under carpet etc several DC2 ITRs, all JDM spec. They all have zero rust, there is no common rust spots on these cars, like the civic EG hatch's with the rusted wheel welds in the rear always.

Looks of a DC2 age? Never, that car is one of the rare masterpiece cars that will always look timeless.

I take it you're not in the UK then, judging by your yellow plate on your car?

No common rust spots???

Take your blinkers off.

Rear arches.Absolue Fact.
Majority of DC2's have or have had rear arch rust.

I know mine did. And chris's. And a lot of members of the DC2 forum.

And IMHO the DC2 looks extremely dated now.

Im currently in The Cayman Islands... :)

We dont have salt on the roads but lots of salt in the air from the seas.

As do Japan but they don't have rust problems over there.

The problem is the UK roads and UK grit. It ruins cars that aren't under-sealed properly or have poor rear arch design.

Back