• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

Looks of a DC2 age? Never, that car is one of the rare masterpiece cars that will always look timeless.

Timeless masterpieces:

Aston-Martin-DB5-Silver-%5BMPH06%5D-600.jpg

mercedes-300-sl-classic-img_1.jpg

1962_ferrari_250_gto-pic-49027.jpeg

67mustang_hi.jpg

I don't think the DC2 is in the same league do you?

Ok the NSX is awesome, especially that one, but a Supra and a 1.8 Honda against the cars Jermal posted?

Do you want a shovel for your hole you're gonna dig?

Last I read this was a DC5 vs DC2 thread. Dig yourself a new thread.

Comparing the DC5 to the DC2... DC2 is a handmade masterpiece.. the DC5... well... IMO the only real use for a DC5-R is to be a K20A donor for a DC2-R.. :D

No, but I have taken a few K20As out of them in my day.

Driven a few, car feels like a car... big body, feels... safe... dislike how high you sit from the ground, they are pretty cars but too heavy to do anything with. Also, the engine bays are a pain to work in.

Too heavy. O RLY
Interesting.

Sit too high. O RLY
Interesting

I've owned both.
I know which I prefer.

The better car IMHO.

I've owned both as well, and overall, the DC5 is a better car, but, standard vs standard, the DC2 is the better 'drivers' car and has more feel.

Failed design. ORLY
INTERESTING!!!

Granted. The double wishbone design is superior.

However. McPherson strut is hardly a failed design.

BTW are they K20A/DC2 branded blinkers??

I've owned both as well, and overall, the DC5 is a better car, but, standard vs standard, the DC2 is the better 'drivers' car and has more feel.

I will agree partly.
It is more Exploitable as a STD car but the 5 has much more scope for improvement. And I feel more secure an confident in a 5 over a 2...

No Japanese car made in the last 30 years will ever be timeless. NSX's may be a hoot to drive but they look old. The 80's and 90's were not kind to cars in terms of asthetic design.

Geesh you sit high in a DC5? Dam any lower and it would be Exige/scrapping your ass on the floor territory.

Back