• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5. water collecting in spare wheel area

hi there i have a integra dc5 and im getting alot of water collecting in the spare wheel area an just wondering if anyone has had the same problem.I cant locate the area where its getting in but asume its either the spoiler or boot seals,all of wich look ok.i would greatly appreciate anyones advice and if its a common problem.thank you for your help

It's a common problem, which is more often than not caused by the seals on the rear lights going.

Have you got a facelift or pre-facelift? Do the rear lights have water in them?

I purchased some new seals for the rear lights last week, should do the trick..

P/N - 33502-S6M-A11 x2.

Plus, I know of a few Guys that have drilled a tiny hole in the spare wheel area :eek:

Drill a hole where it's collecting, by all accounts it is the easiest fix.

QFT.

I tried sealing all around the boot to no avail. Ended up drilling three small 5mm holes in the lowest parts of the spare wheel well. Painted straight after drilling to reduce the chances of rust. The water drains straight out now :cool:

Drill a hole where it's collecting, by all accounts it is the easiest fix.

QFT.

I tried sealing all around the boot to no avail. Ended up drilling three small 5mm holes in the lowest parts of the spare wheel well. Painted straight after drilling to reduce the chances of rust. The water drains straight out now :cool:
Pikey fix!

I've still got a leak into my boot, I've tried sealing various seams to no avail. I bought some new light seals and will replace them soon, I'm hoping that'll do the trick.

QFT.

Id use a lacquer such as lacomit or 45 stopping off lacquer to stop any corrosion propogating from the drill holes fella

I had mine redone at a body shop and that fixed it, no drilling. £20 or so I think back then.

thankyou for all your input and is most helpfull.the drivers side rear light has some condensation build up so im guessing thats where my problem is.iv ordered replacement seals for both lights an hopefully that will sort the problem as drilling will be a last resort,the car is a facelift 05 plate and im trying to get it in imaculate condition as in showroom but only had the car one month so little suprises keep poping up,luckily i love this car and will spend and do whatever it needs.***** again everyone and this forum has put my mind at ease not only with this car but other hondas over the years

Back