• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

De-badging

Hi, first post. I recently debadged the rear civic badge off my milano ctr, all went well apart from there being a slightly difference in the shade of paint on my tailgate and where the badge was. Is t-cut the way forward to sort this?? Any advice appreciated as i am a total nubbins with things like this.

There is a slight colour difference because the rest of your cars paint has faded due to sunlight.

I don't personally know of a way around this. You could try machine polishing it, but you'd run the risk of burn through on such a small area.

Thanks for the reply. Ok, its not a major issue anyway you have to look really close to see it, dont want to run the risk of making it worse for the sake of it

If it isn't too bad then just try a decent polish, I use AG SRP usually, see if that makes any difference. If not, then as Jermal said, a machine polisher would bring it back to life but I wouldn't touch one as I'm not experienced with them

Ok cheers i'll get some polish and give it a go. Will i need to use a clay bar on the area first to clean it?

Wouldn't bother trying to do anything mate. I'm sure you're being far too picky and paranoid (like most proud CTR owners)!!! ;) If it's that bad that you really need to do it, just try polish or T-Cut.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they had a clear coat, so no amount of polishing would improve the colour match... :confused:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they had a clear coat, so no amount of polishing would improve the colour match... :confused:

That's correct chris, although polishing the rest of the car will remove the top oxidised layer of lacquer which will bring the colour out more or at least give the impression of it. Truth be told, the only way you will sort it completely is wit a respray. Red cars are notorious for loosing colour/ turning pink after prolonged exposure to sunlight and little protection.

Out of curiosity, what is the preferred method for debadging? I have an awful metal dealers badge stuck on the back of mine and want to get it off without damaging anything. In the past I have just used warm soapy water but the sticky foam is more stubborn to shift.
Is there a good method for doing this?

Thanks

I heated up the glue with a hairdryer and then pulled fishing line through it to get the rear badges off. Then I used a pencil rubber to get the remaining glue off. :)

Ah yes, I did use a hair dryer before too!

Thanks for the tips! Will try and get on that this weekend as I've been putting it off for a while.

Cheers

Back