• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

De-cat

What would happen if you had a fresh MOT but the police pulled you over to check your car & found a DC mani running into the zorst obviously with no cat in place? Could they impound your car & make you loose the DC mani?
I know we have a few driving about with the DC headers on.

If your emisions are to high then I think it's a 60 quid fine. The de-cat itself is not illegal, it's all down to the emissions.

Ah yes.

If they thought, and had good reason to believe that the car was running illegally they would inpound it.

But unless you doing something stupid I doubt any normal policeman would have a look around/test your car for something like that.

Put the cat back on for the MOT and refit the decat/mani once it passes.

jobs a goodun

Not sure of the details Nick, but I know a couple of CTR owners who have friendly MOT testers.

Nick

Is there much to choose between...

..when it comes to decat pipe? I have found a couple, both about £100, look indentical... same spec/description even...

States I `May require Lamba Probe Inline Resistors being Fitted to prevent the dash Fault Warning Light being Triggered` but is that just a light? I can live with a light... how much is a Lamda probe inline resistor, and could I install it myself relatively easily?

Is decatting going to cause any damage to any other part of the engine/exhaust system? I read that as the engines/ecu's are configured to be Cat'd, maybe there could be a problem with decatting?

Anyone know any _facts_ about this?

Otherwise seems like a cheap n cheerful way to start raking in some additional horses ;)

Cheers chaps..

They make no power without a remap, so it's a cheap and cheerful way of wasting your money.

and with a remap?

Thanks for the quick response!

With a remap?

Though if I'm gonna go for a remap it would be k100 not pro, so would get rest of mods sorted first.

But question still stands... Decat + Remap avg. gains in wheel BHP, and in your opinion (Hasnic) is it worth it?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick response!

With a remap?

Though if I'm gonna go for a remap it would be k100 not pro, so would get rest of mods sorted first.

But question still stands... Decat + Remap avg. gains in wheel BHP, and in your opinion (Hasnic) is it worth it?

Cheers

10hp peak gains by adding a decat and then remapping to suit can be expected so it's it's purely down to you to decide if it's worth it;)

Back