• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

decat=engine management light

hi guys got my eye on a dc sports decat manifold. the guy told me the engine management light did not come on when he fitted this to his vehicle.

but i thought any decat manifold will cause it to come on? is this true??

just incase if it does, is there any way i can prevent it turning on? apart from remapping my ecu.

The EML light will come on, maybe not straight away, but it will come on.

You can get O2 simulators which will rectify the problem.

However, your biggest problem will be that fact that the engine may be running lean from the increased flow of teh manifold.

You wont gain much either by running it all on the OEM map.

The long and short of it is, you need a Kpro/K100 to get anything positive out of this.

no point getting a de cat manifold then i suppose.

weird really though, because i have owned a few cars with decats and its the 1st time a came across a car that it doesn't benefit until you remap it.

I have just bought a de-cat as my cat has bust i will be getting an 02 sim but cant afford to remap at the moment

You may be able to fool the o2 sensor by mounting it on the bottom of the car this works on mk4 golf’s so i have been lead to believe but that would probably only stop the EML light it would still run bad i would have thought

So, is it safe to run the car without a kpro-k100? after fitted any after market manifold?

Back