• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Decat without a remap?

Currrently looking to buy a type r, i've heard from a few people, that if the car's running a decat without a kpro or k100 then it will mess it up ? any further help ?

What you've been told is correct. The decat will not only bring on am EML warning, it will also lean out the engine, so basically fcuking it right up. K100 is the cheapest way of going about it.

thanks for the quick response mate, i thought it'd run the engine lean etc,if the decat's been on there for ages most probably end up with problems i suppose? also for the kpro/k100 best place tdi north or somewhere?

TDi or TGM. Are good places, Eurospec (?) are great for remaps as you add parts. Yeah the longer you run it, the more damage you'll do. Hondas run slightly rich normally as a safety net, especially the VTec units it stops them leaning when you are high revving. Problem is, anything other than an exhaust and filter, you start really messing with the fueling, it's better to be safe than sorry as a new engine is about £2k.

There are some people who have run an o2 sim.

But if it was me I would want a remap to be sure.

Hi, i have a tegiwa induction kit, 421 decat manifold, 2.5" silenced back pipe to a spoon rep exhaust.

at 1st when i put the decat manifold on the eml came on. I took it to a garage to turn it off, but it came back on. I then brought an o2 simulator (litterly just a bit of metal that extends the lamba sensor away for where the cat would be) went back and had the eml turnt off.

iv never had a problem with it and iv done 20k+ Miles since doing this.
the power difference just from the decat alone, plus the sound was great!
i do plan on getting a kpro at somepoint but havent been able to justify the spend atm.

but the car has never had any issues because of this.

Hope this infomation helps.

Iv had my car 2 years, and brought it completly standard, it had 65k on the clock when i got it, it now has 105k

Back