• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Defi DIN set - anyone experiance with them?

I've been thinking of putting in a set JDM Defi DIN gauges for daily drive and track-days. This white DIN layout has the best OEM look to it for my ATR dash. Display Oil temp, water temp and oil presure.

Problem is that they only sell them with green backlight.
Has anyone any idea if these LED lights can be switched from green to amber?

Any help is much appriciated! :D

DEFI_TripleDIN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that - Where abouts can you get them (sorry for the non-helpful input! :lol:)

I presume you could still fit a stereo in with that, in a double din slot.

Thank's m8, I've seen the Black/Amber-red one.

But my ATR dails are white so I prifer a White dial, Amber-red illumination :)
Ah, sorry, I see what you mean now :)

Mugen do some larger ones in a pod for dash-top mounting, they're white with red illumination, but they're twice the size, twice the cost and not sure how they'd fit with the ATR dash :?

As for the DIN setup, I can't see it being all that difficult to change a few bulbs or LEDs inside the unit. People have changed the illumination colour of whole dashboards. You just need patience, access to the correct bulb types and some soldering skills. Whether you'd want to drop £400 and then take the unit apart straight away is another question though... :lol:

Ah, sorry, I see what you mean now :)

Mugen do some larger ones in a pod for dash-top mounting, they're white with red illumination, but they're twice the size, twice the cost and not sure how they'd fit with the ATR dash :?
Yep, i've seen these too. But they are only for RHD and my ATR is LHD:smt085

As for the DIN setup, I can't see it being all that difficult to change a few bulbs or LEDs inside the unit. People have changed the illumination colour of whole dashboards. You just need patience, access to the correct bulb types and some soldering skills. Whether you'd want to drop £400 and then take the unit apart straight away is another question though... :lol:

That is certainly plan-B :lol:
- Patience = check
- Acces to the correct colour types = uh, pending
- Some soldering skills = check
- Anger management tool/ American screwdriver (hammer):lol: = check

I'm doing the same kind of install and I have almost finally decided on the right parts.

The defi is cool but doesn't do the combination I am after. However you can use an adaptor plate ( from http://www.gaugeplace.co.uk/, about £5) and then use any 54 mm Gauge you want.

Since you can get Japanese gauges for about 80 euros online, you can make yourself a very nice custom setup for less than the defi DIN unit.
I'll post pictures when it's done (soon!).

I'm doing the same kind of install and I have almost finally decided on the right parts.

The defi is cool but doesn't do the combination I am after. However you can use an adaptor plate ( from http://www.gaugeplace.co.uk/, about £5) and then use any 54 mm Gauge you want.

Since you can get Japanese gauges for about 80 euros online, you can make yourself a very nice custom setup for less than the defi DIN unit.
I'll post pictures when it's done (soon!).

Nice one, would be interested to see the result m8 :D

Well, just been to the Tokyo Auto Salon in Japan and one of the engineers on the Defi stand could tell me that the LED lights are white not inside the Defi DIN unit, the letters are made of green glass.

so.. option black/red :mad:

nengun-0734-02-defi-din_gauge_-_rhd.jpg

df05607-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, just been to the Tokyo Auto Salon in Japan and one of the engineers on the Defi stand could tell me that the LED lights are white not inside the Defi DIN unit, the letters are made of green glass.
Interesting (and surprising tbh), thanks for passing the info on :D

I think that black/red combo will look fine in your ATR - they'll be mounted away from the main gauges anyway, and still a much better option than the green imho.

Back