• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Deposit paid...

Took a deposit on my A3 on Saturday and put a deposit down on what will be my first CTR today.

All being well I will be picking it up next wknd with 12 months MOT.

Opted for Nighthawk Black, its an 03 plate.

Just a shame it doesn't have aircon and it has what seems to be the usual wear on the drivers seat.

Oh well, very happy with the car and although you all know what a standard black EP3 CTR looks like I will post pics when I have picked it up.

Roll on being back in the land of Honda!

Good stuff. Any plans for it?

Yes, pics please, and of the A3 it's replacing!

Good stuff. Any plans for it?

Yes, pics please, and of the A3 it's replacing!

Will do.

Plans... probably uprate the suspension and get the FRSU and probably a cat back exhaust as I plan, (and it's only a plan), to gradually buy the relevant parts to turbo it at some point. Very much a pipe dream at this point though.

Also I will be detailing the hell out of it and tarting a few bits up on the interior.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's pics of the Audi I've just sold. Good news, I can pick up the CTR on Friday rather than Sunday and I'll get some pics up even though you all know what one looks like!
WP_20130330_001.jpgWP_20130330_003.jpgWP_20130330_007.jpgWP_20130330_009.jpg

Well the Audi went this evening so after dropping it off I went straight to the pub to drown my sorrows and mourn the loss, (by drinking Pepsi and munching dry roasted).....

Then I remembered I'll be picking up my CTR today after work and all was well!!!

Already ordered HID kit and looking at ordering lowering springs and front camber bolts over the weekend and next month the rear camber arms. Also thinking about uprating the air filter and getting a sportex race tube just to liven up the vocals a wee bit.

Pics to follow.

Any suggestions on wheel colour? I'm tempted by the murdered out stealth look of black on black but it makes the wheels look small IMO. Perhaps anthracite???

Audi got sold as I no longer required a diesel and yes, I fancied a change. The Audi was a great car tbh. Sailed through the 2 MOTs I had it for too. But not quite as spirited as a CTR!

Will do.

Plans... probably uprate the suspension and get the FRSU and probably a cat back exhaust as I plan, (and it's only a plan), to gradually buy the relevant parts to turbo it at some point. Very much a pipe dream at this point though.

Also I will be detailing the hell out of it and tarting a few bits up on the interior.

Thanks

Ok, so here's a couple of pics after a good cleaning session on Sunday.

Attachments

• 66891_10152785360660525_167590571_n.jpg
    66891_10152785360660525_167590571_n.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 315596_10152785739675525_499109774_n.jpg
    315596_10152785739675525_499109774_n.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 30
To be honest the photos don't do it justice. It looked immaculate after machine buffing it. Before it was swirled to buggery. Just got to keep at it some more now to get it even better.

Wow this looks beautiful! I need to learn how to wax my car... And buff.. etc...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Nice clean looking Ep3 you've got there! Your immediate plans are pretty much exactly what I've done to mine, I've really been enjoying that setup. As for the wheels, I agree that black wheels sort of dissapear into the arches. My vote says go for the brightest colour you can find! I've got an epic wheel colour happening after payday, it's a surprise, but I can promise that my Ep3 will be unique.

I quite like the standard colour of the wheels. Also quite tempted to go for a goldy bronze colour. Who knows. Just gonna leave it for now.

Thanks for the comments

Nearly had a falling out with it last night.....

Didn't realise how quickly it would drop from the fuel light coming on to almost stuttering down the road to the petrol station! Filled her up and idle was a bit poor at first and felt a little rough in 3rd but then the fuel got around the system and all was well!

Think I'll be giving her a few treatments this wknd!

I nearly did this on the A9 at 2am on wednesday. My fuel gauge stays on full for about 150 miles, then plummets downwards. I've found I can do 30 miles on the reserve, that's coasting everywhere and draughting trucks....

Back