• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Desperately want a CTR!

As long as you don't look like this, you're golden...

Forests2ndand3rdmonths036.jpg

That's Spacemonkey isn't it? :p

Wow, didn't expect this many responses! lol'd at the baby...i'm not quite that short so I should be fine...

Actually have been to sit in one at my local stealer and it's fine so i am well and truly on the hunt now...

Found this one on the trader, it's got a few more miles than i wanted but thought it was a reasonable price, anyone give me some opinions here?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...ons=&page=2&googleQuery=used cars HONDA CIVIC

2nd one down.

Thanks for any responses! :)

Nice one thanks dotty, just waiting for a call back to arrange viewing! :D

P.s. I've pretty much heard that these engines are indestructable...did i hear right? I guess this is dependant on how they've been treated and service intervals and stuff...basically i just need to know that it's going to be good for at least 100k+

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one thanks dotty, just waiting for a call back to arrange viewing! :D

P.s. I've pretty much heard that these engines are indestructable...did i hear right? I guess this is dependant on how they've been treated and service intervals and stuff...basically i just need to know that it's going to be good for at least 100k+

Yes it will be, the engines are great, keep an eye on oil levels though as that is the main reason for an engine going bag :)

Excellent. Now i will go visit the known issues forum and write a list of stuff to look out for...unless anyone can specifically point me in the right direction?

nice, really helpful forum this...thanks!

Since i'm on a roll here i may as well continue asking questions ;)

By my own admission I am pretty terrible at haggling, any buyers tips on how to get his price down to the £6400 mark?

nice, really helpful forum this...thanks!

Since i'm on a roll here i may as well continue asking questions ;)

By my own admission I am pretty terrible at haggling, any buyers tips on how to get his price down to the £6400 mark?

Just mention no one pays the asking price, make an offer of £6k and he will say £6500, then say £6400 and the deal will be done. (if he does not agree to £6k ;) )

I'm only 5'6" Mate and the seats seem fine in my facelift.

TBH if I liked a car that much the seat fitment wouldnt bother me anyway not enough to put me off buying the car!!

Wow, didn't expect this many responses! lol'd at the baby...i'm not quite that short so I should be fine...

Actually have been to sit in one at my local stealer and it's fine so i am well and truly on the hunt now...

Found this one on the trader, it's got a few more miles than i wanted but thought it was a reasonable price, anyone give me some opinions here?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...ons=&page=2&googleQuery=used cars HONDA CIVIC

2nd one down.

Thanks for any responses! :)

this one, being sold by dealer:

2003 03 Reg HONDA Civic 2.0 i-VTEC Type-R (trade)

• 55,000 miles
  • Manual
  • Silver
  • Petrol
3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 55,000 miles, Metallic Silver, MOT-04-2010. Rear wiper, Passenger airbag, Heated door mirrors, Remote central locking, Drivers airbag, Electric mirrors, Metallic

NO AIR CON. private sale that is worth approx 5250 final price. closer to 5400 if it is in excellent condition just serviced, long MOT & TAX. bare that in mind. also that dealer will have picked that up for circa 4000-4250.

Ok Chaps, how much would you pay for....this:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/991065.htm

Looks super tidy to me, and it has many toys...well, sat nav and a/c anyway.

I was thinking if I could get it for £7400 it would be a good deal?

that is an 04 not 54. air con, recent service. that is worth approx £6800 private sale final price given the low mileage.

it has also been for sale for 29 days WHY???. if a car is good & at a good price it is sold after 7 days.

that is an 04 not 54. air con, recent service. that is worth approx £6800 private sale final price given the low mileage.

it has also been for sale for 29 days WHY???. if a car is good & at a good price it is sold after 7 days.

Actually asked her about that and it just sounds as though she is not willing to budge too much on price because that's what she thinks it's worth...also, she's right down on the south coast so maybe too far for some people to go?

And also, seriously £6800? I could never see anyone letting one of this go for as little as that! But obviously I am a complete noob so what do I know! :confused:

I'm also rubbish at haggling so....

Back