• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dirct Line Named Driver Policy. :wink:

Scousefella

Mental for Oriental
OK, my lad is just about to take his test and has been quoted the best part of £2,300 for insurance on an EK 1.4i!!!!! :x :x :x

For those who have seen the advert for D/L where the named drivers can build NCB here is the difference. 8)

This policy is for me with Carl as a named driver - perfectly legal and above board.

This then gives a more wallet friendly monthly premium of

Alot better than the earlier quotes. :shock:

Still, insurance companies really do milk it when new drivers are in the car. :evil:

Thats a result mate. Though has he never thought about something with a smaller engine?

MilanoChris said:
Thats a result mate. Though has he never thought about something with a smaller engine?

If the Civic had a 7 litre V20 engine he would still be wanting it. :lol: :lol:

I think he will be a Honda Nut for years to come. :wink:

MilanoChris said:

yeah I have but i want something a lil different :wink: plus me and lulu haven't got anything better spend our moolah on :lol: :lol:

Scousefella said:
MilanoChris said:

If the Civic had a 7 litre V20 engine he would still be wanting it. :lol: :lol:

I think he will be a Honda Nut for years to come. :wink:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: TWISTED!!

CJN said:
MilanoChris said:

yeah I have but i want something a lil different :wink: plus me and lulu haven't got anything better spend our moolah on :lol: :lol:

Fair one. It's just, now this is my opinion, there are plenty of cars with 1 ltr engines that would be just as fun, cheaper to run and of course the insurance won't kill you. Have one for a year and then get the Civic with 1 yrs NCB which should make a large difference.

As for spending unspent wonga, keep it for a rainy day. You never know when you need some cash.

MilanoChris said:
CJN said:
MilanoChris said:

Fair one. It's just, now this is my opinion, there are plenty of cars with 1 ltr engines that would be just as fun, cheaper to run and of course the insurance won't kill you. Have one for a year and then get the Civic with 1 yrs NCB which should make a large difference.

As for spending unspent wonga, keep it for a rainy day. You never know when you need some cash.

well said 8) I get this quite alot from people. But I think I will be sticking as I have had my heart set on this car for a long while 8)

And like you said about a "rainy day" we will have money aside because of lulu's help. She is the only reason I can afford a Civic and with our money combined we will be fine mate :wink: :D

Although, I don't get why the the same EK shape 1.5 is cheaper and thats a Vtech :shock: :shock:

Holy Shit!! :shock:

I paid £1100 for my first year's insurance on a 1.1 Fiesta worth £600 :lol:

I'd never pay that much!

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
Holy crap!! :shock:

I'd never pay that much!

- Kevin.

my mate pays £1,700 for a 1.1 fiesta so not alot of difference between a civic and a fiesta :shock:

CJN said:
moNoKnoT said:

I'd never pay that much!

- Kevin.

my mate pays £1,700 for a 1.1 fiesta so not alot of difference between a civic and a fiesta :shock:

I'm finding this quite shocking TBH.

My very first car was a brand 2.0 Focus (Group 8) with every optional extra possible. I must've been 19 IIRC. It came to £16,700 in total. Insured the car in my mothers name with Norwich Union - £876.

CTR said:
CJN said:
moNoKnoT said:

I'd never pay that much!

- Kevin.

I'm finding this quite shocking TBH.

My very first car was a brand 2.0 Focus (Group 8) with every optional extra possible. I must've been 19 IIRC. It came to £16,700 in total. Insured the car in my mothers name with Norwich Union - £876.

bloody hell! :shock: wish i could have a quote like that :x

Sounds like Norwich Union are better :?

£1800 - Thats about the amount I was paying on the Evo after the mods :lol:

However that was with 4 years ncb, 23 years old and a 320bhp car :twisted:

Just wondering, are getting quoted for CJN still having not passed his test or are you saying he has passed his test??

This could make a difference in the quote.

CTR said:
Just wondering, are getting quoted for CJN still having not passed his test or are you saying he has passed his test??

Quoted as a new Licence holder (passed) on day of policy start.

Scousefella said:
CTR said:

Quoted as a new Licence holder (passed) on day of policy start.

Still can't understand why it's so steep TBH.

Where I was living previously had the same postcode as Beirut practically so if anyone was gonna get stiffed on a quote I would've thought it would've been me :?

Try a broker maybe a your best bet if haven't already.

Back