• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Discount????

I now wot u mean about the wait and its only been 2 days!!!
Carpet mats, space saver, bass upgrade and ipod connection. the basics i suppose!
have you loaded yours?
didnt get a lot of freebies with mine. Tried 2 honda dealers and unless i wanted to wait till october, couldnt get anything off list price! Managed to beat them down a lot on the finance deal tho. Pretty much matched an internet dealer.

I got type-r red carpet mats, tank of fuel, paint treatment & "man-bag" (lots of car care goodies) but probably paid for them in the otr charges!

I was offered a UK one last week at £4000 off list.

I was away though and it was a 1 day only type of offer :( and I only found out about it when I got back or I would have bought it.

Well i now work at norton way honda, letchworh in sales, so if anyone wants decent discount on ordering a FN2 come see me ;)

£410

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago.

GT
Milano (of course)
19" Rage wheels
Ipod adapter
Type R mats
Boot liner (don't ask)
Spare wheel
GAP insurance
and servicing pack (£500 for 5 years - what a bargain)

I got £410 off and that took some haggling! :(

And with some more haggling I managed to get £100/ month off finance. Just threaten to get a bank loan at much better rate. Their finance manger kept making offers which I refused until they were level with bank prices. (check money supermarket):lol:

6 week wait (initailly quoted 20 weeks). The dealer told me about a car they had already ordered for someone who cancelled (early on so they paid nothing) the dealer didn't cancel but it was the wrong spec for us. A week after we ordered she managed to get the wheels changed. Lucky! :lol:

Dealer Discount

I asked the dealer what discount they get and was told 8% on a Type R. But thats off base price i.e. £15900 for a GT (ex VAT, OTR and extras). That works out about £1200.

This isn't much, so any discount is a good one.

A VW dealer (I looked at the Golf GTI briefly) said dealers are capped on the GTI's they order. For them it was 4 a month. I wonder if Honda are the same. Cos this will keep prices artificially high. That and the long waiting time.

I must admit the long wait is an attraction, makes it more exclusive!

Back