• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Discs/Pads rubbing.

Any advice please. Bought my car just over a week ago and have noticed that I can hear the brakes rubbing (without braking) when I first pull away when cold. Gone within a few of depresses though and only happens when cold ie first thing in the morning.

If the cars been sitting around for a while then it sounds like there sticking so a strip down of the caliper and a clean is required, if the pads have less than a quarter of there life then go for new pads which should solve it. :)

Not sure how long the car had been sitting around for prior to buying it, but makes sense what you say, thanks. Bought it from Honda with a years warranty so see if they'll sort it. Have to take it back for new heatshield over the next few day so will ask then.

Cheers

If the cars been sitting around for a while then it sounds like there sticking so a strip down of the caliper and a clean is required, if the pads have less than a quarter of there life then go for new pads which should solve it. :)

Back