• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Disks won't come off!!

Guys changing disks and pads calliper took off grub screws removed managed to free them but still won't come off! Tried heat and a mallet still won't budge any ideas or if I've missed something? Thanks in advance

Big hammer, keep turning the hubs a quarter turn and keep going.

You have taken the caliper off?

I used a wooden mallet on mine along with the above method, works a treat.

Cheers guys finally got both fronts off nightmare! Then ended up losing brake fluid while doing the other calliper schoolboy error but nevermind! As for the rears trying to use a rewind tool but doesn't seem to be working it's not like the ep3 which were cross haired these are more triangles is there easy way to rewind them? Cheers

I have always found Honda rear calipers to be a pain to get them started rewinding. The easiest way i found was to remove the disc refit the carrier and caliper (finger tight will do) to allow me to put enough pressure on the piston to get it started tbh mate.

I know you've already got them off but another trick I picked up is threading a caliper bolt through one the holes in the centre of the disk and that'll push it off the hub nicely.

Back