• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DIY Fitting Tein S-Tech Springs

Ok guys, going to have a stab at fitting these at the weekend, anybody know of any silly tools that might be required ??, obviously I will need coil spring compressors and ball joint splitters, but is there anything that is non standard. Also has anybody encounrered any problems doing this ??

Any help would be much appreciated.

I wouldnt know where to start mate but if your successful can I bring my Teins down to you :lol:

Other then the normal sockets etc.... not really.... a braker bar may come in handly though.... :wink:

The rear a right swin to get back in, but other then that its pretty easy.

Its a pretty simple job, i've done it on myself on some of my old cars.

Andy

There's some kind of Honda tool you need for removing the springs. You can bodge it, but it'll damage that part of the strut. Can't remember exactly what it is, but I know TDi North always use it (they got one from Honda obviously) and Mark has commented he's seen some nice butchered shocks in his time.

So, Darren,

did you manage to fit them yourself then?

I received a box with some nice blue Spoon yesterday which is hitching to go on the car!

type_r_lover said:
So, Darren,

did you manage to fit them yourself then?

I received a box with some nice blue Spoon yesterday which is hitching to go on the car!

Only fitted them last week, I thought the fronts would be hard but they were actually very easy and only took 30 mins each to do.

The rears on the other hand were a lot worse, the bolt large bolt at the bottom of the strut was tight as feck on both sides, eventually did it but took about an hour each side.

Also no need for coil spring compressors at all, came straight off and went straight on. Also went for the club hammer method of splitting ball joints :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

thanks, will have a go on sunday then...

any idea of how tall are the Tein uncompressed? coz if my spoon are the same then I wont need spring compressor, otherwise I need to get one this week.

Springs are in.

Not a difficult job, once you know how to make it faster and easier.

makes a difference to the look of the car. cant wait for tomorrow night to take it for a decent spin...

type_r_lover said:
Springs are in.

Not a difficult job, once you know how to make it faster and easier.

makes a difference to the look of the car. cant wait for tomorrow night to take it for a decent spin...

Get a fast road setup as well and it will make a world of difference, my rear tyres had way too much negative camber after I lowered mine :)

when i watched Paul Jones doing mine it seemed like swapping the camber adjusters was easy, It only took a few minutes.
the only problem is you cant tell how much camber is on them so its straight off for a 4 wheel laser alignment before you shred your tyres!

Harvey said:
Have you lot also fitted camber adjusters when doing the springs?

I left the camber adjusters off when I fitted the springs. System R fit them for you as part of the fast road setup.

Funky said:
Harvey said:

I left the camber adjusters off when I fitted the springs. System R fit them for you as part of the fast road setup.

Cheers. Think I will just fit the springs and get the Camber's fitted when I get a fast road setup 8)

Funky said:
Harvey said:

Only if it's needed, my CTR was borderline after fitting Spoon springs so Paul said it wasn't worth the extra money to get 1/4 degree back if it didn't want to, so i didn't bother!

Back