• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DMF PERFORMANCE 300bhp Development N/A Engine Photos

mrdmferrett

Banned
Hi guys,
Heres a sneaky peaky at one of my developement engines. Its on the engine dyno now and for the rest of the week we are hoping for 280bhp+ and hope to push towards 300bhp N/A within the next few weeks.
I will post engine dyno numbers shortly.
Hope you like it.
Dan
Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image044.jpg

From the pics... I would guess...

Block lined
Enlarged valves (maybe)
Pistons, thus maybe increased Comp Ratio... (but they don't look that special, so wont be silly compression)
Maybe an increase in CC....

All I will say, I hope it's been lined correctly.. the K series is very difficult to get it correct, for a long life......

Mike

From the pics... I would guess...

Block lined
Enlarged valves (maybe)
Pistons, thus maybe increased Comp Ratio... (but they don't look that special, so wont be silly compression)
Maybe an increase in CC....

All I will say, I hope it's been lined correctly.. the K series is very difficult to get it correct, for a long life......

Mike

Correct on all counts Mike you get the cigar.:D

Correct on all counts Mike you get the cigar.:D

I thought so....

But being blunt with you... if you had said 300bhp from a 2.0L K series NA.. then that would have been something special......

However, increased CC and 300bhp isn't that much to talk about....

Just my own opinion... knowing a little about what goes on in the US...

Mike

I thought so....

But being blunt with you... if you had said 300bhp from a 2.0L K series NA.. then that would have been something special......

However, increased CC and 300bhp isn't that much to talk about....

Just my own opinion... knowing a little about what goes on in the US...

Mike

Hi Mike 300bhp from 2.0l is very very difficult and would cost around £30k+ to achieve.
And the US enthusiasts liar out of the arseholes about bhp figures so you cant compare or compete against bullshite figures that most of the US tuners state. A genuine 300bhp short block K-series motor is an amazing achievment.

Who has got a 300bhp short block K-series motor verified over here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, a true 300hp 2.0L will cost circa £35k (retail), thats the sort of money some race teams spend, if not more...

Peeps I know and have dealing with in the UK, work a lot with the most respected US engine developers hand in hand.... hence the statement I made about 2.0L+, you should be seeing 300hp+... no 'bull' either.....

I can't say who has varified 300hp+ K series engines here in the UK, but they are touring car engines...and I'm not talking Neil Brown engines btw....

Mike

good luck with your power

Hey, hope the engine comes together, I am sure you are going in the right direction with your midlands connection, but believe you are some hp away from 300hp.

Nice job of the boring and lining and i can vouch for it as we use the same equipment.

I wonder where ive seen that workshop. LOL :p

You take care

all the best for 2008
regards mike

Holy thread revival... where'd you pull this one from Suits?! You're only 4 years behind the ball :)

Holy thread revival... where'd you pull this one from Suits?! You're only 4 years behind the ball :)

When I saw the link it brought me back so I searched, re-read, lol'd, and re-bumped for téh noobs :) .

Back