• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Do you still get scared??

Welsh-Rich said:
MikeyG said:
james said:
The level after an FQ must be looking at kit cars or nobles or such like think step up from evo must be sub 10 sec 0 - 100

Evo FQ400 then. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Surely with petrol prices as they are now it would be cheaper to run a harrier jump jet than the FQ400 :lol: :lol: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was one of the 400's at the garage when i went down looked awsome.

the guy said it was mad, total track car

I wouldn't say it scares me anymore, but I still get the adrenalin rush that VTEC gives you when canning it round twisty A and B roads :wink:

The CTR is not a powerfull car, and not the most powerfull car i have owned, however it definitly has grin factor when ur AEM CAI screams at you as u exit a corner at some rediculous speed......The CTRs hadling is what i love abot it.

OK so it's not the fastest car I have ever driven but it's all mine and it is great fun. At the end of the day, for the same money you could have a Focus C-Max diesel like my sister has, or something equally boring - I know what I would rather have.

Plus there is all the fun of modding it - you can't beat the sound of the Forge when it kicks in, or that lovely bubbly Spoooooooooooon :wink:

I think the CTR would only scare me if I drove it in the wet the same way i drive it in the dry :shock: but I do have respect for it, whatever the driving conditions.

I won't say it scares me, but you have to respect it because if you get it wrong it will bite :(

I would add that it still puts a huge smile on my face when you nail a corner and coming flying out of the exit in VTEC :twisted:

Well after last thursday, though i know it is not a rediculous speed, but traveling at 151 mph in a civic hatch back, it was not untill afterwards i thought 'wow' :) Did not feel to bad tbh, quite planted.

Still I agree with others and think the way things are going with speed control etc I am subscribing to the 'Ali' school of thought.

RWD and a decent amount of power = fun, also will have to learn to drive again I rekon ( though did have a MK2 MR2 so not totally unfamiliar).

S15 here I come ;) :)

It only worries if you push your luck in the wet stuff. If you keep out of the lary zone in the wet you will be fine.

After riding motorbikes, the CTR has never scared me. I don't get the same addrenelin buzz from the CTR that I got from either of my CBR600s!!

Dosen't scare me now, more anxious when i first got it but use to it now.

Can still make my mum shit herself though which is always quite funny. :lol: :lol:

I envy those who get an adrenaline rush from VTEC. I regret test driving a Subaru WRX PPP, prior to purchasing my CTR. The VTEC seems so tame compared to that. Well I don't really regret it :twisted:

As for speeds, to avoid illegal speeds but to still get to use the VTEC, I often find myself going from 2nd at 8k straight in to 6th (because I've reached the speed limit by then) :roll:

Being scared of her is always a good sign mate :wink: treat her with respect and she will look after you :D

The power the car puts out doesn't scare me, the speed I can carry through corners (now she's been modified) scares me.

I was the first time i drove it home from the garage, now i'm lovin' it too much to worry about what power it has :D

I get scared when I sat at VMAX and some nobber in a Polo is somewhere in front of me.

Apart from that god bless the autoahns.

Its a pain you dont get to use it all that often. I feel comfortable with the power now and know how to use the car to its (nearly) full potential. Had it 2 years - after almost sticking it in the side of a BMW after 4 days I slowed down a bit but you cant stop me now.

Still do not take any chances in the wet as the old 5p - 10p gets moving!! :shock:

Back